Thread: Bonetown was better?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to be honest here - I much preferred BoneTown, but I'm still glad I bought BoneCraft.
    I've played BoneTown through at least five or six times now (and I have every intention of starting a new game soon), improving my strategy and doing things in a different order each time, having fun always.

With BoneCraft, I really don't see myself playing it as often or for as long. Once I finally crack it on each difficuly level and unlock all there is to unlock, I can imagine never bothering to play it again. Unless the mod tools really take off and the community manages to expand it beyond all recognition. As it is, there really isn't much in the way of content or replayability.

But as I said, I'm glad I got it even if only to support D-Dub and encourage them to keep going and producing adult games like this. I really hope it's a financial success for them, because no one else seems to have the guts to make games like this. I'm sick and tired of 'over 18s' games that don't even have the courage to have naked strippers in their strip clubs. Yes, I'm looking at you GTA, Saints Row and Duke Nukem Forever. For fuck's sake - 'adult' games with bikini-clad 'strippers'. Get a grip. Slaughtering millions is ok, but a flash of nipple is verboten. Republican America, you've a lot to answer for...

If you're just browsing the forum trying to decide whether to buy BoneCraft or BoneTown, I'd have to recommend BoneTown as the far better game, with much more bang-for-buck. Literally.

@StarPilot
    Seems we have a nasty habit of agreeing, eh?

PS: An intriguing thought occurs to me - when D-Dub release the mod tools they've promised, I wonder if they'll work just as well with BoneTown as with BoneCraft? It seems like it's the same engine for both games...
    Last edited by Wolfhound; 01-18-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    I have to be honest here - I much preferred BoneTown, but I'm still glad I bought BoneCraft.
    I've played BoneTown through at least five or six times now (and I have every intention of starting a new game soon), improving my strategy and doing things in a different order each time, having fun always.

With BoneCraft, I really don't see myself playing it as often or for as long. Once I finally crack it on each difficuly level and unlock all there is to unlock, I can imagine never bothering to play it again. Unless the mod tools really take off and the community manages to expand it beyond all recognition. As it is, there really isn't much in the way of content or replayability.

But as I said, I'm glad I got it even if only to support D-Dub and encourage them to keep going and producing adult games like this. I really hope it's a financial success for them, because no one else seems to have the guts to make games like this. I'm sick and tired of 'over 18s' games that don't even have the courage to have naked strippers in their strip clubs. Yes, I'm looking at you GTA, Saints Row and Duke Nukem Forever. For fuck's sake - 'adult' games with bikini-clad 'strippers'. Get a grip. Slaughtering millions is ok, but a flash of nipple is verboten. Republican America, you've a lot to answer for...

If you're just browsing the forum trying to decide whether to buy BoneCraft or BoneTown, I'd have to recommend BoneTown as the far better game, with much more bang-for-buck. Literally.

@StarPilot
    Seems we have a nasty habit of agreeing, eh?

PS: An intriguing thought occurs to me - when D-Dub release the mod tools they've promised, I wonder if they'll work just as well with BoneTown as with BoneCraft? It seems like it's the same engine for both games...
    I agree with what you said. I thought Saints Row 3 had nudity? Can't you run around nude? Or do you have pasties on?

I think Bonecraft has an updated engine because it can handle a lot more, and they said BoneTown wasn't moddable because of an agreement with the engine they were using.

Quote Originally Posted by garbonzo607 View Post
    I agree with what you said. I thought Saints Row 3 had nudity? Can't you run around nude? Or do you have pasties on?

I think Bonecraft has an updated engine because it can handle a lot more, and they said BoneTown wasn't moddable because of an agreement with the engine they were using.
    Not sure about SR3 - I don't have it. I got SR2 in the Steam sales, and haven't played it much yet, but from scouring Youtube for nudie videos of SR (as you do...) it looks like they have the old cowardly bikini-clad 'strippers'.
    I'm waiting for SR3 to inevitably appear in a Steam sale in a few months before grabbing it.

As for BoneTown modding with the BoneCraft tools when they're released - I know there are legal issues around D-Dub allowing modding of BoneTown, so their tools are unlikely to work fully with BT.
    I'm just hoping that the BC tools might let us at least decompile the BT '*.cs.dso' script files, or at least maybe play with the models/textures a bit more easily. If we could even do that, it would help.
    Last edited by Wolfhound; 01-20-2012 at 06:37 AM.