Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Screen

Black Screen

Please let us know if your screen fades to black and never comes back, please post where this happened and what you were doing. Please post these issues here under this thread.

The temporary fix for this if it happens to you is opening your console with Shift + ~ and then typing the below text into your console.

ObjectiveFunction::fadeScreenIn();

Please post to this tread any time this happens.
    Last edited by D-Dub; 12-26-2011 at 05:21 PM.

chapter 4...wave 2 and 3 ...as soon as i have sex with the orc females..screen goes black..still hear rest of game ruuning

Quote Originally Posted by z1snowman1z View Post
    chapter 4...wave 2 and 3 ...as soon as i have sex with the orc females..screen goes black..still hear rest of game ruuning
    Are you playing with the XBox Controller?

There is a known XBox Controller issue having to do with using the Sex Switch Button on the D-Pad. The next patch will fix this issue.

yes i was using the xbox controller...it blacked out the frist three time i tried it...worked fine next time

Quote Originally Posted by z1snowman1z View Post
    yes i was using the xbox controller...it blacked out the frist three time i tried it...worked fine next time
    This issue resides on the following thread Here.

This just happened to me during my 2nd play session with the game. I had previously not had my controller plugged in. This session, I was planning on trying it, so I had it plugged in, but wasn't actively using it at the time. I had gotten up to chap. 5 I believe, and realized I could do some exploring before starting the next mission. I died eventually after getting worn down by attacking orcs, then getting my grenades backblasted into my face because my guys were getting in the way. After that death, the screen blacked out and didn't come back. I hit esc and randomly clicked, must have hit "exit game" because I ended up back at my desktop.

Maybe I'll leave my controller unplugged next time, see if I run into that again.

I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, fully updated. q6600 intel core 2 duo quad core, 8gb ram, Nvidia GTX 460 MSI Hawk Talon Attack 1gb, updated drivers pretty recently.
    Let me know if you need any other info.

The fact that this happened on death makes me think it isn't a controller issue. See if you can get this to happen again. It might have to do with dying in a particular place or way.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    The fact that this happened on death makes me think it isn't a controller issue. See if you can get this to happen again. It might have to do with dying in a particular place or way.
    Sure, will try. I died again next session, with the controller unplugged, but that was just due to enemy damage (boss fight). No black screen that time, will try to go for another grenade/friendly fire demise and see what happens.

Edit: Tried for more grenade deaths, both with and without the controller plugged in, nothing yet, no black screen.
    Last edited by Bonesy; 12-29-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added info.

Chapter 11
    DickMoster waves
    Patch 1.0.3

This error shows up after each wave.
    After alt+tab clicking ok I can still make another waves (no ctd or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by HanPL View Post
    Chapter 11
    DickMoster waves
    Patch 1.0.3

This error shows up after each wave.
    After alt+tab clicking ok I can still make another waves (no ctd or anything)

This is an issue with the patcher. Thanks for pointing this out.