Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crashes

edit: posted bad info. See below for ram reqs.
    Last edited by SpockRocket; 12-30-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Hi, i'm having trouble on Windows XP Professional 32bits just close the game, no error, i play for a short time and close after play hours but close again and no error, on this using anti virus security essentials of microsoft, and on the system Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits crash and error allocating memory. Shuting Down. and messege of windows close program or try solution to problem and close, on this using anti virus f-secure, my pc is Phenom II X6 1090T proc, 2x2GB memory 1033mhz, 1TB HD, video Ati HD 5970 Asus.

on the crash now on the Windows 7 ultimate i copy the message, but is in Portuguese of Brazil,

Assinatura do problema:
    Nome do Evento de Problema: APPCRASH
    Nome do Aplicativo: BoneCraft.exe
    Versão do Aplicativo: 1.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 4ef37502
    Nome do Módulo de Falhas: BoneCraft.exe
    Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 1.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 4ef37502
    Código de Exceção: c0000005
    Deslocamento de Exceção: 00066e9c
    Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Identificação da Localidade: 1046
    Informações Adicionais 1: caf3
    Informações Adicionais 2: caf3ce7cb8b6663983735e1c8a5f4642
    Informações Adicionais 3: 44b8
    Informações Adicionais 4: 44b8bcd826e9e7070abde2e8ee732c49

Hang in tutorial flame-thrower boss fight

2GB WinXP-Pro SP3 32bit Dell Dimension 9150 GeForce 9600 (latest Nvidia drivers)
    I have so far been unable to get through tutorial without a crash or hang. For this hang:music continued but keyboard and mouse ignored. console log attached. Final lines:
    game/server/objectives/Marine/Marine02Objective.cs (1575): Unable to find function Marine02Objective::spawnSpecialItem
    GFXTextureManager::createTexture - failed to load 'game/data/dudes/characters/textures/'!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you tried turning down your Texture Detail to low. This will half the texture size in memory and possible fix this crash. Let me know if this makes a difference. And to correct what was said above. Right now our mimimum requried Ram is 3GB for Windows 7 64-Bit machines (2GB on all other machines) and we are hoping by release to have it down to 2GB for those Windwos 7 64-Bit machines.

Private
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    Have you tried turning down your Texture Detail to low. This will half the texture size in memory and possible fix this crash. Let me know if this makes a difference. And to correct what was said above. Right now our mimimum requried Ram is 3GB for Windows 7 64-Bit machines (2GB on all other machines) and we are hoping by release to have it down to 2GB for those Windwos 7 64-Bit machines.
    Helps for me, thanks a lot. But why is this game such a memory-monster?

I turned down all texture levels etc to lowest and played through the tutorial on 2GB XP32 PC with minimal camera moves. This worked, although I had so many rogue polygons rendered from the screen center occluding the display I was playing blind as often as not.
    However as soon as the tutoruial finished I got a "Needs to Close" errorbox immediately following the post-tutorial spacecraft falling to planet sequence. I don;t have the erroir texts but console.log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by icgbell View Post
    I turned down all texture levels etc to lowest and played through the tutorial on 2GB XP32 PC with minimal camera moves. This worked, although I had so many rogue polygons rendered from the screen center occluding the display I was playing blind as often as not.
    However as soon as the tutoruial finished I got a "Needs to Close" errorbox immediately following the post-tutorial spacecraft falling to planet sequence. I don;t have the erroir texts but console.log is attached.
    Are you playing on version 1.0.2?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    Are you playing on version 1.0.2?
    BoncreaftInstal1.0.0.zip . No onscreen version ident I can see. Wouldn't it make sense for the console.log to include the build version?

The patch to upgrade the game from version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 can be downloaded from this post.

If the patch is installed, there should now be a sub-folder called "BackupFor1.0.2" inside of the BoneCraft installation directory.

Though I agree with maybe making the version of the game that is running more visible to the user. Maybe have it display at the bottom of the screen at the game's main menu (where you can start a new game, load, change options, etc.)?