Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bonecraft review from a german player (wall of text/spoilers included,care)

+1 bump to that comment

so just beat the game hardmode......and looking at the last mission then i can say. what a shit mission is that!!! tons of dick monster shooting at u and throwing u down. Repeating to kill the same shit dick plant over and over and over ......sickening and boring. If u call that balanced if your team, that are only commanders, gets ripped in seconds ....well then i don't know whats unfair.

fnished it,and never play again.
    Last edited by KingKali; 01-27-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Hi all, first time poster here

The game had it's good and bad points, I have to admit I'm one of the people that played BT and expected big things from BC also and was slightly disappointed with the end product after completing it and getting all the alien artifacts

Pros

- the ladies are hotter (robot/elves/some orcs)
    - more sex positions than before
    - the whole aspect of buying new squad members, upgrading, etc.
    - enjoyed the universe (wow/starcraft)

Cons

- far too short for the price tag
    - game universe is tiny compared to BT
    - missions became very repetitive since you had to keep doing the same mission 3 times in a row
    - not much to do during free roaming, what was nice about BT was you could take a break from missions, explore, do some mini games, etc.
    - even though I put more sex positions as a pro, it would have been nice if there we're more different types, like titfuck/footjob for example, hell titfuck would have been awesome
    - camera angle during sex scenes is still pretty bad

Hopefully D-Dub have some DLC in the works, and maybe the mod kit will improve things a lot so I will remain hopeful until then

The first time I beat the last mission on Hard, I was rolling a team of 1 each of the top 3 squadies, all fully upgraded. They did alright looking after themselves and kicking ass until the very big biggest monsters started spawning. I found quickly they did best with me in a supporting mortar roll, so I simply rolled over the last mission--- on hard, until we got to the original orc forest. No good raised mortar positions there. Even then, I found they did fine as long as I kept swapping them between "defend me" and "attack". That kept them from getting to far off on their own and then getting overwhelmed.

It is obvious why you get the two helper elf girls for that mission though--- they are immortal, so they are there to cover you whenever your whole squad is down on hard mode. They wouldn't be necessary though if the squaddies didn't take so long to ressurrect. They are just eye candy at easy and medium level, and contribute highly to lag on the final mission.

well....those elf chicks for the final boss fights are useless.their dmg output is so low that they are ignored. If I run back for cover they simply deal no dmg and are of no help while dick plants grind me down......i don't know,maybe im overreacting while getting chased by 20 dick plants spitting at me with what ever the hell they have in their mouth dicks^^.

agree with review from above.

You aren't using your rifle, are you? The rifle is the master weapon in this game. It's a mega-beer blast with uber range from BT. And it has been improved so it fires through basically anything. I owned the field on my first hard play through on hard. Use the girls as target finders for you, and shields if you feel like it. Use your rifle to push back and kill anything coming towards you when on the ground. Quick swap to cannon to rain down hell on egg clusters. If you get into too much trouble at once (mass rush from all sides cause you were using the cannon and it has the bad effect of SCATTERING enemies), then just rifle a hole in their lines, jet fuel run a LONG ASS WAY, get high if possible, and clear things out. If you have to jet run all the way back to the start, do it. Heal up, let your dead squadies resurrect, set everyone to defend you (so no one gets lost), and readvance.

Honestly, as soon as I stopped using grenades, which have the bad habit of killing your squaddies and severely hurting you, regardless of if it goes off halfway across the map or because one of the girls just ran right in front of you as you start to toss it (point blank detonation), I seriously owned Hard on that map. If you like grenades, then just use the cannon. You can use it to shoot anything directly in front of you, harming all enemy nearby and scattering all enemy away from you. Quick swap to rifle, sweep out the area.

The girls aren't useless. After your rifle, they are your number 2 weapon on that map. If you kill your squaddies yourself with a grenade blast --- or they kill themselves by running off too far from everyone else--- you can clear the entire map ON HARD with just them. You can keep sweeping the area around you of the spawned monsters, using cannon and rifle, and they will murder the eggs (spawn points) for you. They are great enemy detectors, good shields, and even make good decoys--- you take them close to the spawn points using the "defend" order, order the girl to attack, and retreat. The girl will stay RIGHT THERE, and the monsters will run up to kill her. She's immortal, so she never dies. After you back off, you can cannon the monsters, then carpet bomb the area. Order the girl(s) to defend you, and rifle the hell out of the area to get all the monsters headed your way. REMEMBER--- rifle is magic, and fires through trees, hills, monsters--- nothing but the game map edges stop the rifle, and it has a large cone of attack.

Every once in a while you won't rotate your fire fast enough between the two main attack paths the monsters are using, and you'll get tagged by one group. If its the biggest guys, RUN and fuel boost. Get some distance, and smash them with the rifle. Or scatter them if you like with the cannon. Then get back to work.

Honestly, with just using a couple of common tactics, it is easy to own any map in on any level in BC. The hard levels just require that you have at least 2 upgrades on your squaddies (but max is best). Tactically speaking, since each squad type (ie, sergeant, major, commander) have different weapons, you should be using a mixture of squad member types. That lets your squad function best, as they will have a several ranges of attacks (ie, rifle, shotgun, flamer, cannon) when together, so they won't be useless on half the maps. Don't let them scatter, which is what they will do when on attack. That's why you have to rotate their orders occasionally from attack to defend--- to pull them back in together. Then swap over to attack, and concentrate on whatever you want.

As I said, BC does offer several tactical possibilities. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable when use them. And don't forget to retreat and heal. On the final mission, you can retreat to a less active zone (one you've cleared out), have the girls retreat with you, and then sex up your health and butt zapper. YOU can't be hurt while screwing, but your SQUAD can, so choose a less active zone to stuff your meters to max.

Didn't you sex up sex bot during missions when you got really low on health? That's what she was there for. Final mission gives you two pretty, immortal, attacking sex bots to back you up. They can be shields, decoys, enemy detectors, unlimited health refreshes, and field mortars (bombing the spawner eggs). And you have the bonus that with the helper elves, you don't knock them down when you fire through them at a target. Sex bot gets knocked down if you do that to her, but the elves are allies, just like your squaddies, so you can only hurt them with your grenades.

Now, don't get me started on how stupid the game is having you in space armor with a closing bubble helmet but requiring you to BREATH the air, not having slopes from the map level area to the bottom of the water so if you fall down into the water you can't get back up because theres no connecting slope to run up for at least half the water on the map (and it gives you that crazy camera angle change that BT does when you fall in the water), the fact that your cannon can go off point blank blowing all the enemies across the map and not hurting your allies (including naked helper elves in the final mission) but a little grenade going off half way across the map from everyone can kill your allies and knock out 80% of your health, etc etc etc. I have a lot of issues (mostly irritant level) with BC. But overall, it is a decent fighting game with great (animated) sex. Adventure wise (exploring), it is a bit weak, but once the modders start modding new maps, new missions, and new girls, well--- it should just get better and better.
    Last edited by Starpilot; 01-28-2012 at 06:17 PM.

well i finished the game but thx for the advices.may gona look into it later on.

i hope BT2 wil lcome and will be same size with more content and new graphics and stuff. I miss my butt attacks and farts.

We compare it to bonetown because they RECYCLED everything from bonetown... People are telling us "hey stop bitching noone told you this would be bonetown 2" when the bitchnig is justified because it looksl ike they put a hell of a lot less work into this game, same game engine and everything

lets say BC is like the very little brother of BT like still in the belly of a woman,not even really born while BT is an adult with a mercedes and some chicks to bone xDDDD.

Huzzah, the problem with your statement is that it isn't CLOSE to a copy of BT. Go screw an elf, then go screw any of the BT girls. The BT girls are ugly as hell. The engine got some serious upgrades. Go compare screwing in BT in a position to BC in the same position. BC blows it away.

The problem is that BT is more of an Adventure/Platform jumper/RPG game, so you get a sense of reward from working up your ball size, allowing you to be a bigger bad ass in fights as well as giving you the reward of being able to have sex with more women (and generally, sexier). BC, due to the game and sources it was spoofing, started you off as a hard core bad ass immediately, and there was little in-game sex growth (mostly consisting of unlocking the elves in-game). The difference is what is causing you to rage--- BT is an Adventure/Platform jumper/Minor RPG, while BC is a Shooter/Fighter/Minor RPG--- and that makes a huge difference in the game play and rewards you get as a player playing it.

From a plot (missions) view, both have about the same amount of play time in them. You just spent a lot longer in BT exploring, farming, and general grinding than in BC. So the full play time ends up being much shorter for BC.