Hmmm. I can certainly understand both viewpoints. One group of people is comparing BoneCraft to BoneTown. Never mind any indications that they would be similar, or lack thereof - the fact remains that the two games are priced about the same, and come from the same producer, so you would expect to get the same amount of value. BoneCraft undeniably has less content than BoneTown - though one could argue that the amount of sex content is roughly similar (more general sex positions in BoneCraft vs. unique reward sex positions in BoneTown, most other sex content from BoneTown is available in BoneCraft - though I miss the pygmies...).

The other group of people considers BoneCraft on its own merits, and from that viewpoint there is no problem - BoneCraft is still quite good value for money, when compared to what sex games typically cost and offer.

In other words, the biggest problem of BoneCraft is that BoneTown had relatively high production values (for a sex game), and it was a great deal for the price. Now people expect to get a similarly great deal with BoneCraft, and are annoyed when it turns out the deal is only average. I suspect that D-Dub found out that high-production-value sex games aren't profitable; it's a damn shame if that's the case. I hope that they are able to sell incremental updates to the franchise and gradually improve the game experience that way. I think BoneTown would work better for that though.

Personally, I feel that the biggest problem of BoneCraft is the lack of free-roaming chicks, and a setting which doesn't really relate to normal life (and common fantasies) in any way, hot elf chicks notwithstanding. There was enough variety in chick appearance in BoneTown to make the chicks all seem different, and it was great fun just roaming the town and banging any chick that struck your fancy. Not an uncommon fantasy I think. The obvious improvement would have been to add special locations (hospital, police department, prison cells, fire department, army barracks, castle dungeon, etc.) for various uniform, location, etc. fetishes. Instead they chose to focus on improving the fighting aspect. Admittedly it was the weakest part of BoneTown (with the possible exception of platform jumping), but in dropping the roaming chicks D-Dub threw out the baby with the bathwater. I hope they return to Earth next time, keep the improved fighting, keep the lack of platform jumping (I really hated that...), and concentrate on adding depth to the sex gameplay.

The other big problem in BoneCraft is that the "do everything three times" logic makes it so obvious that the game has been artificially made longer simply by adding grind. Many games do that, including BoneTown, but usually they at least try to sugar-coat it a bit by calling the things you collect something different each time or some other similar trick. Saying from the start "do the same thing three times" really makes the game feel cheap.

--Juddre