Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonecraft: Whos getting boned here?

My problem with this game is that almost everything is recycled, maps, poses, models (sexbot was in bonetown, the elves and orcs are new) The gameplay isnt all that different, its the same thing but they added some guns and took away drug attacks

the storyline and content on that string is significantly shorter than bonetown was, so we are paying another 35$ for a lot of the same stuff... had i not already bought bonetown i wouldnt be mad, but I did and i feel like i was ripped off

doubt they'll be making a 3rd game, because this kind of shit is going to really blow up in their faces, theres gotta be laws against selling someone the same thing twice like this

You realize EA and the entire movie and tv industry makes its money on repeatily selling you (the consumer) the exact same thing, over and over and over again, right?

Heck, that's all Civ is--- the same thing, over and over again. Civ 1, Civ 2, SMAC, Civ 3, Civ 4, and now Civ 5. And they are consider the crowning achievement in TBS strategy games. Same game, just some stuff tweaked around, made or managed by the same developer as the original.

EA does it particularly obviously with the sports titles, but other game "franchises" are just the same thing, over and over again. Sometimes things are tweaked a little bit--- sometimes things are tweaked a lot. But it is still the same core game, often using the same engine or an engine that is just a single step forward versus the prior release. Their customers are either happy, or mad--- if they liked it, they are happy. If things aren't changed enough or are changed too much for their tastes, they are mad about it. Seems to be the same thing here. You are either okay with the changes between BT and BC, or you aren't. Since so few posters are actually here complaining, it seems the majority of repeat D-Dub purchasers are happy with BC. When a product really pisses off the fan base, they drown a forum.

I can understand people liking BC. I can understand if you wanted BT 2 with bonus content of gorgeous elves and orcs to beat up and are disappointed that BC is a different from what you had wanted. It's a forum, have your say.
    Last edited by Starpilot; 01-31-2012 at 03:10 PM.

You bring up a lot of good points starpilot. We are often fed the same things when it comes to games, movies and other media, it's to be expected. However when going that route, many companies have proven that can still bring a product that is better than the original. BC had some good ideas, namely introducing guns and the ability to select which pose you want. However it does fall flat on many other points. For example, it's supposed to be a world of warcraft/starcraft parody, but there aren't any witty references to either game or jokes to that effect. They could have easily designed a game and did without the warcraft stuff as it has no real bearing on the product.

I loved bonetown, so much so that I eagerly snatched up bonecraft right when it came out, I want to support D-dub and their work, but if there is ever a part 3 to this series of games, they're gonna have to step up, new animations, perhaps a choice of gender for the main character, special sex scenes when finishing an area, and perhaps a return to the rpg style of gameplay from the first game, where you're rewarded for exploring, and there is more of a payoff when slogging through annoying levels.

Beating the levels on hard unlock different girls.

Hard was more like impossible so I just use the unlockChicks(gamechar) cheat.
    Worth seeing angel,demon,nuns & so forth. The jewish girl is missing tho.
    No jew wife,no wobbly H, what is going on? Did D-dub get shit from the jews?
    Nobody should be excluded from Boning!
    I love redheads & killing zombies!