Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Grenade & Red Aura

Fire Grenade & Red Aura

1st off when I purchase fire grenade I'm not sure how to switch to it.
    Clicking on it doesn't switch it.

2nd: When I hit X while gun is equipped a red aura surrounds me,
    what does this do?
    I love redheads & killing zombies!

Lieutenant
    The fire grenade works like the normal grenades, it's just a nastier version. You can throw it by shift right clicking with the mouse on the lower weapon. Question 2 I don't know.

Any way to switch to fire grenade using a controller?

I think the red aura is a shield, but I'm not 100% sure... it doesn't last long enough to be particularly useful.

Korbe, switch to it by switching to your secondary (flame thrower/cannon) and then hit shit (or whatever acts like that for your controller).

You can check your controller set up in the options.

Wolfhound, the red shield lets you charge over your opponents. While you have it up, you can run them over and they go flying. It won't do much for you if you are ATTACKED though.
    Last edited by Starpilot; 01-18-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Adding second reply

That red aura needs to last longer & you should be invincible while on.(& no knockdowns)

It does cuts down on damage taken, so it is useful under some conditions. But it should be useable with speed run, so you could run through the battlefield just knocking everyone over--- like the orc chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starpilot View Post
    Wolfhound, the red shield lets you charge over your opponents. While you have it up, you can run them over and they go flying. It won't do much for you if you are ATTACKED though.
    Yeah, I went in-game and checked after posting... not a shield, more a basher-effect.

I thought I took less damage with it up, but it is hard to get exact numbers on these things while I'm fighting. Definitely there to knock over other people. Not that useful since all they have to do is attack you and you'll be knocked over instead of sending them flying. That's why it should be possible to use it with the speed dash power of jet fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Starpilot View Post
    That's why it should be possible to use it with the speed dash power of jet fuel.
    Yeah, that'd be handy, and I was disappointed when I figured out it was one or the other, that they don't stack.