Thread: Missions Lag Worse Progressively

Question Missions Lag Worse Progressively

Just out of curiosity, what can I do to make it more playable on my laptop? I had to install it on my wife's computer just to be able to pay it. The last mission got so incredibly fps laggy I finally just gave up. I was literally getting around 1 fps (used a program to track it). I had nothing else running up in the background, and every other game I have runs fine. Here are the stats on my laptop:

ASUS Notebook G53SW Series
    Win 7 (64 bit obviously)
    Screen resolution set to 1366x768

Now for the stuff that actually matters.....

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 440M 1.5GB
    8 Gigs Ram
    Intel Core i7 CPU @ 2.00GHz (6 processors)
    Running DirectX 11
    Tested with dxdiag with no anomalies.

Went through task manager, shut down EVERYTHING I could, and it did not change performance at all. But once again, running the game on my wife's computer it runs flawlessly at 45-60 fps constant.

In game I have it set to the LOWEST resolution, I've turned down the clip plane, lighting, textures, etc etc as far as possible. Right now I'm thinking about backing up all my data, and reformatting my computer with a factory install of Win7 with minimal install to make sure there's no bloatware that could possibly be slowing my system down, although I can't see what little bloatware ASUS adds slowing down the system that bad and only on one game, unless there is some sort of specific thing doing it that can be fixed. Anyways, let me know if there's something that can be done. I'd like to be able to play on my laptop times when im other places and not just when Im at home when the wife isnt using the computer. Thanks!

This may sound weird but it's...normal.
    Almost everybody have 1~10 fps on last mission.
    I normaly have 160~200+fps while fighting with final "ball monster " had 10~11 fps...) and all on high.

I know, I've heard it's normal for most people, but somehow it runs just fine on my wife's computer, which is weird. So somehow something on peoples computers is stopping it from running fine, and I'm hoping we can find out what /shrug

FYI to all who lag so bad, I'm about 99% sure I've found the cause and how to fix it, or at least make it significantly better/more playable. I'm testing now, and 2 minutes into the final mission I'm getting 30 fps so far on my laptop, and I got 1 fps before. All I did was think about what was different between my laptop and my wife's computer, and then make them the same. After I get through the final mission and confirm it stays solid throughout, I will let you all know the solution.....

I reinstalled it and didn't install the CP3-H0 patch, the only difference between my laptop and wife's computer, and it is actually playable on my laptop now. It still lags on the final mission, but its not 1 fps. I'd be curious to see if reinstalling without this patch speeds up performance for anyone else.

My computer only lagged BADLY (1 to 2 fps) on the final mission and ONLY when I had both elf helpers doing their attacks at the same time I had a trooper doing a flame attack on screen. As soon as one of the 3 attacks finished, the really bad lag vanished. That was under max detail options.

Once I saw that, I started paying attention. With every displayed attack from the elf helpers or the flame thrower, some lag from normal game level. If I was very close to them, lag was worse (showing all the detail of each "particle").

Also, when the biggest mobile penis monsters were around, it lagged noticably (but didn't drop down as bad as the elf helper and flamer on screen at the same time). I suspect I could drive that down with dropping detail level.

That's the ONLY place my "desktop replacement" notebook lagged with the game. It is a good rig, but not a supreme gaming rig.