Thread: Missions Lag Worse Progressively

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I reinstalled it and didn't install the CP3-H0 patch, the only difference between my laptop and wife's computer, and it is actually playable on my laptop now. It still lags on the final mission, but its not 1 fps. I'd be curious to see if reinstalling without this patch speeds up performance for anyone else.

My computer only lagged BADLY (1 to 2 fps) on the final mission and ONLY when I had both elf helpers doing their attacks at the same time I had a trooper doing a flame attack on screen. As soon as one of the 3 attacks finished, the really bad lag vanished. That was under max detail options.

Once I saw that, I started paying attention. With every displayed attack from the elf helpers or the flame thrower, some lag from normal game level. If I was very close to them, lag was worse (showing all the detail of each "particle").

Also, when the biggest mobile penis monsters were around, it lagged noticably (but didn't drop down as bad as the elf helper and flamer on screen at the same time). I suspect I could drive that down with dropping detail level.

That's the ONLY place my "desktop replacement" notebook lagged with the game. It is a good rig, but not a supreme gaming rig.