Thread: BC Reviewed

BC Reviewed

First, it should be said that it's difficult to measure Bonecraft against any other game than Bonetown, because there is really nothing else out there that is anything like these games. Sadly, Bonecraft falls far short of the mark set by Bonetown.

The gameplay in BC is as focused on fighting as it was in BT with about the same formulas. Kill a bunch of baddies, fuck something, rinse and repeat. Most of the missions consist of rounds, where you have to kill progressively harder baddies or more baddies, which does get a bit repetitive. However, this repetition is diminished by the fact that it isn't really a long game, as you can get to the end in just a few hours. There are 12 missions spread over 3 areas which are small and used in almost all the missions. I think you could fit all three areas in the starting beach area of Bonetown. Speaking of areas, it's not an open world. This is the FFXIII version of Bonetown and about as linear as it can be.

You do get guns in this. Rifle, shotgun, cannon, flamethrower, grenades are all new and quite fun to play around with. There's a sort of shield power that you can use and a jetpack to increase your jump height, but I never really needed either and completely forgot I had them. You also get a squad that you can sort of command and are helpful but I pretty much ignored them and let them do their own thing, which worked out fine most of the time.

Gone are your many drug and booze infused powers and attacks, gone are the pipe boss battles, gone are the mini games. Your money, which accrues rather quickly, can be used to upgrade your primary weapons, heavy weapons, ammo limits, squad members and a variety of sex positions from the "Sex Store". Sadly, there didn't seem to be many, if any, new ones other than what we got in BT.

All around, I had a good time playing it and the elf chicks are hot. However, it's not nearly as good as Bonetown, so don't expect it to be. If you haven't played either Bonecraft or Bonetown, I recommend you get Bonecraft first, enjoy it for what it is, and then get Bonetown. And you should get these games, because there is nothing like this out there.

TLDR: Not as good as Bonetown , elf chicks are bangin

Look i can see your point on that the game seems smaller and it is but i defenatly do not agree that bonetown is beter.
    There are a TON of things they improved on.
    The squad for example is not useless, i finished all missions on hard and playing around with the defend and offence modes can help you out in multyple occasions.

The jetpack aswell i found myself staying alive at certain points where the extra speed+jump saved my ass lets not forget you need it for the 25 collectables (The reward for all 25 was rather surprising to me lol good one D-dub ).
    The money you gain quickly indeed but you will also need a ton of it if you wish to upgrade all like i did.

Storywise i think they did a huge upgrade on bonecraft aswell, its not as compelling as it could be but i found the bonetown voices + comments etc rather dull towards anoying.
    This time around it doesent really feel like all characters are retarded as ****.

Fighting has become more fun with upgradable weapons squads positions etc.
    The controls are the only thing i think should really be considered to be fixed.
    Bonetown was horrendesly bad for me, no use of errow keys if fail for me.
    I found it very disseapointing to see i couldent use the in Bonecraft aswell (thank god i could put them on numlocks.

Overall i think D-dub is taking a step in the correct direction with Bonecraft but it lacks a bit of content, the only thing i hate about the game is that i completed everything allready ; ;.

If you compare it with Bonetown i would say in short.

Bonetown: Medium Quality, Good Quantity
    Bonecraft: Good Quality, Medium Quantity

Wich do i prefere?
    Personally Bonecraft due to alot f the above and mostly controls + Characters(they seem more real and less anoying voice dialoge also the humor is more pointed at a more adult audience imo the farm in the first map for example was just brilliant lol).

Good job D-dub, ill be ready for buying the next expantion / game if there ever comes one we can only hope