honestly, after going back and redoing this on Hard with 3 commandos and upraded gear it wasnt bad at all, but I would have had to spend hours and hours and hours farming to get that stuff going through the first time. It was just a BIT much with the gear I had the first time. but I DID develop a decent strategy. I would let my wranglers loose away from the altars, then run to it about 20 ft away, well say stand at 12 oclock. shoot twice, then rotate to 3 oclock. shoot twice, rotate to 6 oclock, shoot twice, rotate to 9 oclock, shoot twice, rotate to noon again. about this time an elf would spawn. kill him while constatnly moving. then do the clock rotation on the altar again. doing this the arrows would launch at my previous location and miss me, and I rarely got hit. I dropped the altars about the time my wranglers died, id run to the next area away from the altar, kill elves while running around constantly until they respawned, rinse repeat. This was how i finally beat it. Its a good strategy for when you are undergeared, takes a while, but you dodge those damn rainbow arrows, and keep the majority of the elves off your back because most spawn by your wranglers, which are away from the altar. Of course, if I was to start 100% fresh again, Id just farm a previous mission for hours on end buy 3 commandos LOL