Thread: Deleting Saved Games from the main menu does not actually delete the Saved Game

Deleting Saved Games from the main menu does not actually delete the Saved Game

To reproduce:

1. Create multiple save games/profiles by starting a New Game (example: create 3 saves/profiles calling them SAVE 1, SAVE 2, and SAVE 3)

2. Return to the main menu of the game and delete SAVE 2 and SAVE 3

3. Quit the game and from the desktop browse to the BoneCraft savegames folder (located at C:\Users\<insert username here>\AppData\Roaming\BoneCraft\savegames)

Note: The \AppData\ folder is, I believe, a hidden system folder by default so to see it the user will have to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files/folders.

4. Notice that the two saved games that were deleted, SAVE 2 and SAVE 3, are still present (though if the user relaunches the game neither save is available to load)

i think this is a windows bug not a game bug. this is part of the shared prog. open thing in windows that is causing the problem. i take it you tried a save game edit; right.

i call them ghost saves. they show up in the load menu in multiple in the game. the only way to solve this problem is to create a new folder "BackUp" in the:

For BT: C:\Users\"PC NAME"\AppData\Roaming\BoneTown\savegames
    For BC: C:\Users\"PC NAME"\AppData\Roaming\BoneCraft\savegames

back up your save games before editing them do not edit them in the savegames folder. example that works:

C:\Users\"PC NAME"\AppData\Roaming\"BoneTown;BoneCraft"\savegam es\BackUP\SGF Edit

in the SGF Edit folder you can do an edit to your save game in note pad. save as same name. now launch game delete the save games in the launch game menu and quit game. now go to your save game folder and delete the save or saves you want to replace. now go to your SGF Edit folder:

1. delete the old save in the savegame folder.
    2. copy the save game you edited in the SGF Edit folder.
    3. past it in the the savegames folder.
    4. launch game go to load game check to see if it apears in the menu.

for deleted unusable saves not showing up in the load menu try this:

1. go to C:\Users\"PC NAME"\AppData\Roaming\"BoneTown;BoneCraft"\savegam and find the unusable save.
    2. right click on it select cut and past it in the BackUp folder you created in the savegames folder.
    3. right select on the save slect rename and give it a new name.
    4. launch the game go to the load menu to check if it is cleared and to free old memory. now the quit game.
    5. now copy the renamed save in the BackUp folder and past it into the savegam folder. now lauch the game it should appear in the load game menu.

that should work for you.
    Last edited by FastLane; 03-05-2012 at 11:25 AM.