Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lagging & crashing

Lagging & crashing

Ok I get through the tutorial and sex with the sex bot just fine .When the action starts in the real game my PC is lagging really bad . I can get away from the action and it seems to work fine then. I also have been having crashes .When this happens i see an object on my task bar momentarily that says (torque memory error )
    I used this same pc and never had any problems with Bone Town. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didnt help.
    windows xp professional ie 8
    service pack 3
    intel xeon 320 ghz processor
    nividia fx 3000 256 mb memory
    direct x 9 or better
    2 gb ram

The memory requirements for BoneCraft have been increased over what was required for BoneTown. We are suggesting 4-6GB of RAM, with our low end testing being able to run it with 3GB and only on the lowest settings. The graphic memory you have (256MB) is also lower than we would suggest.

CORRECTION
    Our minimum required RAM is 2GB, post here if you are having troubles with a system running with this configuration.
    Last edited by D-Dub; 12-30-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks ! i will upgrade my pc or get a new one before the game arrives .

4 gigs? That's kind of high. I would have appreciated knowing that before buying the game. I can't find the system requirements on the main site.

We are looking into the possibility of a patch that could bring our minimum system requirments down but in doing so texture quality would be lowered. Would this be a solution you would be interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    We are looking into the possibility of a patch that could bring our minimum system requirments down but in doing so texture quality would be lowered. Would this be a solution you would be interested in?

I went ahead and upgraded my ram to 4 gigs (which seems to be the most I can do with 2 ddr slots), at least according to what they sell at best buy. The game now runs well for me.

Regarding the patch, if there was a way to turn off dynamic objects like grass and plants that have no collision, then that might solve the problem for a lot of folks who have average amounts of ram.
    '
    With 2 gigs, the game was incredibly smooth on the interiors, so I'm guessing that it's the plants and water that really affects things.

I'm excited about the game and your studio, so I was willing to spend $100 to go from 2 gigs to 4 gigs. I'm guessing that most players would not be as generous, especially if the game is as short as another post claims.

The statement earlier about the 3GB RAM Minimum was not correct. What is correct is that our minimum required RAM for all computer except Windows 7 64-Bit machines is 2GB. For Windows 7 64-Bit computers, as a result of those machines only giving half the memory to our game, the minimum required RAM is 4GB. We apologize for the confusion.
    We are still adjusting things in to make this final but would like to here back form people with 2GB systems. So, if anyone is having trouble on a system running 2GB of RAM that is not Windows 7 64-Bit, please post here and we can see what the issue is.
    Last edited by D-Dub; 12-30-2011 at 09:52 AM.

FYI, I was having trouble running with 2 gb on Windows 7 32-bit. After upgrading to 4 gb, it's still pretty choppy on medium settings.

I hope that helps.

We are still nailing down the minimum requirements. We have comfirmed that on certain machines, 2GB appears to be enough. Please keep posting about crashes with your system specs and console logs.

I'm running a 2GB RAM system. Windows XP SP3. Running a GeForce GTS 250 with 1GB video RAM. Game seems to be running fine for me so far.