Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to D-Dub and other Beta players

Question to D-Dub and other Beta players

Has anyone noticed if the melee weapon they may have purchased before launching a mission is properly applying its damage bonus?

For example, the hammer weapon (which is supposed to set your melee strength to 20) is only showing 10 while running around with it.

Just curious because on my main save file I have going, all the purchase-able weapons are doing this. Hammer is giving a 10 bonus instead of 20, sword is giving 9 instead of 19, etc.

Here's a couple of screenshots for reference.

Looking at the hammer weapon in the shop:

BoneCraft - Hammer Bonus.JPG

What the hammer looks like in-game after purchasing it:

BoneCraft - Hammer Bonus In-Game.JPG

And the worst part is I don't know when it started happening (damn it). I just know if I start a new save, the purchase-able weapons are back to giving their proper melee strength bonuses.

This is an issue we have experienced and think it has to do with loading into a saved game. You are losing your base strength of 10 on the gui, so every weapon will be 10 lower than it should be. If anyone can find a way to repeat this we would be happy.

Yeah, I am trying to watch for it with a new save game/profile. I hope I can catch its "trigger point".

I haven't run into this, haven't played much yet though. I'll keep an eye on the stats in case it happens.

Edit: Okay, it happened: I was doing a boss fight on chapter 5 and died, bug kicked in when I came back, realized I was weaponless, and picked up an orc weapon to use. Just showed weapon bonus without strength added.
    Last edited by Bonesy; 12-29-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: added info

On death huh, we'll take a look at that and see what we find.

Ok, verified. This has to do with dying. We will take a look at it and get it fixed.

(2nd edit)

Well, I think I might have found another way to get it to happen.

On a single playthrough after completing Chapters 1-9 on EASY, I launched Chapter 10 from the elf girl inside the Elf Brothel (didn't change/purchase anything from the launch menu; just saved the game) and as I was working on the objective to pleasure the 7 unpleasureables I noticed right off-the-bat that my character's melee/strength number was white instead of green (it decreased by 10). It seems playing Chapter 10 for the first time can cause this to happen.

I'm not sure if this additional information helps, but I thought I'd give you guys an update on another possible way to get the issue to occur without dying as a cause.
    Last edited by TheMadCow; 12-29-2011 at 07:43 PM.

@Bonemaster

Have you seen this happen occur after the game has been updated to Version 1.0.2?

I have yet to reproduce it after updating and starting up a new game, but so far I've only had time for a playthrough on EASY and haven't done much since (the holidays have been kicking my butt ).

It's still affecting my current save in 1.02, I didn't start a new character/game or anything though, still just using the same one I started with in 1.0. The patch didn't fix it for my current character, not sure if it would kick in if I started a new game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesy View Post
    It's still affecting my current save in 1.02, I didn't start a new character/game or anything though, still just using the same one I started with in 1.0. The patch didn't fix it for my current character, not sure if it would kick in if I started a new game though.
    Ah, so it looks like the patch does not retro-fix this issue on saved games/profiles created with version 1.0.0 of the game.

But this issue does indeed look fixed as of 1.0.2 (with a newly created save/profile ); unless someone else out there has still seen it occur.