Thread: Skipping/Bypassing Cut-Scene Before the Elf Queen

Skipping/Bypassing Cut-Scene Before the Elf Queen

After completing Mission 8, if the player skips/bypasses the cut-scene of the Space Wranglers shooting at the brothel doors (by pressing the Enter/Return key), which leads into the scene with the Elf Queen inside the brothel, the next cut-scene does not appear properly. It will just show a static background with just the dialogue and subtitles (if enabled).

Though the cut-scene still plays out and the game can be continued normally.

Screenshot:

BoneCraft - Queen Cut-Scene.JPG

DxDiag (to show PC specifications, if needed):

DxDiag.txt
    Last edited by TheMadCow; 12-27-2011 at 04:17 PM.

We are pretty sure this bug isn't caused by skipping the previous. Can you repeat that every time?

I'm pretty sure this occurs everytime I've skipped the cut-scene prior to the next cut-scene in which the Elf Queen is talking to the Captain. I've attempted to reproduce every issue I've come across before posting, but I will load up a save to replay that mission again and see if I can get it to occur (assuming that loading from a save is not what is causing the issue).

I will update this post when I've re-checked.

Update: Wow, for starters, I had the mission/chapter wrong in my original post (sorry about that). It should've stated upon completing Chapter 9 (The Headmaster).

Anyhow, I've just replayed Chapter 9 on the Easy difficulty level to get through it quickly (plus I don't believe the difficulty level has any effect on this issue), and after skipping the cut-scene of the Space Wranglers shooting at the Elf Brothel's door the next cut-scene with the Elf Queen and Fort Worth appeared as previously posted.

And to be sure, I replayed Chapter 9 immediately again (after reloading the save) and I encounter the same cut-scene glitch if I skip/bypass the scene with the Space Wranglers shooting at the Elf Brothel's doors.

I actually have a recorded video of the issue, but even after compression it might be too large to upload (if you guys and gals over at D-Dub would even be interested in looking at it at all, that is). I don't currently have any decent video compression software installed at the moment, but using Windows' built-in video editor I got it down to about 4MB (320x240 resolution at around 54 seconds long) as a WMV file. Not great quality obviously, but it shows the issue clearly.
    Last edited by TheMadCow; 12-28-2011 at 01:45 PM.

I was wrong, we can repeat it every time. We are taking a look at this. Thanks.

I have also reproduced this same bug with the cut-scene that occurs at the end of Chapter 10 - The Orgy.

If the player skips/bypasses the cut-scene with the female elf congratulating Fort Worth on pleasing the 7 unpleasureable, the next cut-scene with the Elf Queen and Fort Worth loads incorrectly (no characters onscreen; just a static background). Below is a screenshot example of the scene where it occurs:

BoneCraft - Chapter 10 Scene Glitch.JPG

Thanks for this. If you can, see if this happens in any other Cinematic Scenes.

I did a "speed-run" through the game (using a save with pretty much everything unlocked/upgraded to max to make it easier) while skipping every cut-scene you encounter.

End result is that besides the two cut-scenes with the Elf Queen that I reported in the posts above, all others proceed to play out fine prior to a skip/bypass.

This should be fixed with the new patch.