PDA

View Full Version : BoneCrafter The MOD Kit, Coming Soon!

D-Dub
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
The Development of the BoneCraft MOD kit is under way.

We are going to release our dev tools asap, with documentation and user requested features soon to follow.

Please check back in on the forums for updates on when the MOD kit will be released.

Read the Official Announcement (http://bonecraft.net/updates/bonecrafter-the-mod-kit-is-coming-soon/)

BoneCrafter is NOW available HERE! (http://forum.d-dub.com/forumdisplay.php?38-BoneCrafter-The-Mod-Kit/)

Zarak
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Aaahhh a good news! I hope this kit will be awesome! At last editing girls! And maybe, I dream and I think it will be hard, sex positions ^^

Korbe78
01-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Excellent!

grom76
01-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Can not wait for mod tools

Korbe78
01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
For a more detailed message of mod kit click this thread!
http://forum.d-dub.com/showthread.php?723-Yo-D-Dub-when-is-the-modding-available-and-what-can-we-except

KingKali
01-27-2012, 05:02 PM
looking for it.....really do.

Korbe78
01-30-2012, 12:57 PM
So what software will we need? (photoshop, etc) & which are the best to get?

bartux
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
thanks team !

Rocketeer
01-30-2012, 08:13 PM
So what software will we need? (photoshop, etc) & which are the best to get?

I recommend using GIMP over Photoshop... unless you already have paid for a copy of photoshop. GIMP is quite handy and has most of the tools you'd want from photoshop anyway.... and being open source, it's totally free to download. Photoshop is overkill for most community modders, and a bit pricy to recommend. (Assuming one doesn't condone piracy... and GIMP is good enough a person shouldn't take the risk.)

Korbe78
01-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I have Gimp 2.6. So is there a Gimp tutorial for dummies?\
I googled & found this place.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Also:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/

Zarak
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM
In the news on the site maybe I have misunderstood but is it true that we will create your " own game"?
If it's true then I will make a totem of D-Dub in my room ( maybe a boner with a hamster -----> a Bonester!)
I will say just one last word. OMG!

darius12
01-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Very excellent news! Will the kit work for modding Bonetown as well? Or only in the sense that you can eventually create your own Bonetown-type game?

Rocketeer
02-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I have Gimp 2.6. So is there a Gimp tutorial for dummies?\
I googled & found this place.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Also:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/

Gimp is fairly similer to Photoshop in a lot of ways. It's a pretty sophisticated program... what that usually means is, like most people who learn photoshop, the best way to learn it is to just jump in and start screwing around with it. Draw stupid doodles like you would with MS paint, then test out the various filters and functions. Take existing skins and try out different filters/effects, but be sure to only save changes to duplicate files in a different folder. Don't want to mess up your core game. As far as "for dummies" things go, my best advice for learning how to make new skins for people and objects... would be to sign up for IMVU (Which is free) and hit the forums there. People in the DEV community there are pretty helpful and can show you how to use filters/transparencies/effects to do a wide variety of things.

There isn't AS much for learning how to mesh/construct 3-D models on IMVU, so I can't help with that aspect. But for skinning, you'll find alot of valuble resources there. That said, I imagine you might have to filter through some things specific to thier Mod tools, but I found alot of advice on GIMP there. All in all, don't let that scare you from just wasting a couple of days messing around with the program on your own. It's very versitile, and people have tons of room to develop thier own techiques for creating textures/style.

As far as where to look for 3-D model creation... if you can't find it on IMVU, I'd investigate the TF2 mod community. (Also free to play.) There are a wide variety of mod sites out there dedicated to the hobby, as well as forums... you might find some help from them in creating weapon models at the least....

Korbe78
02-02-2012, 10:00 AM
I opened a texture file from BC on Gimp & it looked like a big chess board. not sure how to view
files in a 3d view. Seems too complicated for me.

Rocketeer
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I opened a texture file from BC on Gimp & it looked like a big chess board. not sure how to view
files in a 3d view. Seems too complicated for me.

Texture files are all 2-dimensional files designed to wrap around 3-d mesh files. The Checker pattern you saw is generally used by meshers to create the first skin for a model by determining how the 2-dimensional texture will distort when wrapped onto the model. Photoshop and GIMP do not create anything 3-dimensional in games. You can create the ILLUSION of 3-dimensions with skillful textures, but these are merely put on top of a 3-d polygonal construct.

You may be looking at the wrong layer of a texture, or possibly looking at a checker layer texture used in game. The other thing might be the format of the file.... you may have to rename extentions to modify them, the rename them back. I haven't begun fiddling with textures yet... because the mod tools aren't out yet (I.E. they might have something in the tools that allows the conversion of files, if they are particularly encrypted.... which I doubt, but whatever.

GIMP is pretty much the same as Photoshop.... possibly a little simpler. I know there are some things that each program has that the other doesn't... but not many. Most of the functions are the same. If you are looking at the wrong layer, the same thing can happen in Photoshop. Try fiddling around with the layers, or try opening a different file. Then try making a duplicate of the file, and changing the file extention to something compatible with GIMP, if it's not one GIMP recognizes.

Modding things is usually anything BUT simple... but it's pretty rewarding when you start to catch on. You'll spend alot of time just messing around, hopefully not saving over anything important... before you start to make sense of it all. Unless they offer a comprehensive tutorial with the mod tools... which would shock the heck out of me.

Korbe78
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
They will make it easier for ppl who don't know scripting to just place 'assets' where we want.
Like a game I'm playing on Xbox called Avatar Legends. Basically a rpg maker for dummies. Check it out if you have Xbox 360!
http://www.barkerscrest.com/forums/default.aspx?g=topics&f=4
I'm working on an adventure but it takes a LONG time! I'll post when its done.(if)

Here's the new pic of modding screen from BC site.( in case u haven't been there in awhile)

I hope we can make our own cutscenes too. Don't see why not.

Mikepjr
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
I prefer photoshop, it's easier to get around and find tools and everything you need, i tried gimp, and i hate the layout and the controls.. everything about it aggravates me...

pino
02-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Yo D-Dub, it's been a month now... How's the progress for the modding kit? Do we have to wait weeks, months or years before you finish it? Just give us a vague estimate so we can adjust our expectations!

Thanks!

Zarak
03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Helloooooo! There is still someone here? Can we have just some little news about the progress?
I'm very exited about the mod and I have already imagine some kind of game I can realize.
I can't wait! I'm to exited!

Denokhache
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
From what i hear BoneCrafter is finished just waiting for ok to release.

A_W_E_S_O_M_E, i have sooo been waiting for that :D

Zarak
03-03-2012, 12:11 AM
That will be great ^^!
I Hope that come at the end of the month.
My hamster's heart is ready to go on wheels to!

Zarak
03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Hello D-dub and all the readers!
Always no news .... not good, woot!
But something tell me your are close to the end...
Yesterday when i passed, I saw a new part in the forum with bonecrafter (a huge forum part of what I saw ^^).
But well... not a little date? or a little approximation? I will appreciate a lot.
I really love your work and I think we wait this mod so badly.
And have a nice day!

BoneCrafter
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
We are finalizing BoneCrafter as we speak, we should have it out at the latest by mid next week. We are very excited to get the mod kit out and see what the community comes up with. Stay tuned!

algures7
03-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Still waiting...

Zarak
03-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Hello!
I guess the Bonecrafter will come soon (hope this is not a "soon" like Blizzard ^^).
I really hope that come this week...

Roler
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Well yea we are waiting for it a bit longer than we expected but I think that is becuse D-Dub adds more stuff that we can use so we can wait...

Zarak
03-29-2012, 03:49 AM
Hello!
No news or release date fo the community ?
I hope the work on Bonecrafter is always good and nothing bad is on your way.
I stay tuned ! And wait for the news right behind my pc!
And have a nice day!

moviebuff3000
03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Well it is now the end of the month and still not a word on this coming out. Perhaps this was an early April Fools joke?

Korbe78
03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Beta testing has been going on for a couple of weeks, when things are up & up it will be released plus a huge new section on the forum to trade stuff! I'm sure it will be out ASAP! Having a set date will only rush them & if there was a date & it wasn't ready there'd be worse disappointment. Once you see how technical the mod kit is you'll understand why it's taking awhile to prepare. Hopefully it will be here soon.

Marin007
03-31-2012, 06:19 AM
They let you beta test it Korbe? Well paint me jealous. ;)

Korbe78
03-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Well, without everyone's help i'm not getting very far yet. I'm really surprised it's not ready for everyone yet.
All the tutorials seem ready on the forum & the mod kit seems to be working fine, tho I haven't done much
except walk around & check tutorials. Unsure about delay but I hope u all get it soon. I think ppl will have more
patience & appreciation when they see what it takes to make a game.

moviebuff3000
03-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Its not the fact of not having a release date BUT it was quoted by someone from D-Dub not more than about 2 weeks ago that it was being finalized which tells me they were being very close to having it released within the month.

BoneCrafter
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
BoneCrafter is NOW available HERE! (http://forum.d-dub.com/forumdisplay.php?38-BoneCrafter-The-Mod-Kit/)

Korbe78
04-02-2012, 01:33 PM
'And the villagers rejoiced! Yeah!'

Zarak
04-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Show Time!
And many thanks!