PDA

View Full Version : Bonecraft review from a german player (wall of text/spoilers included,care)

KingKali
01-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello guys,

I wanted to write a short review about my experiences of Bonecraft. So what u gonna read is about it in detail and some examples of my playtime. I apologize beforehand because im not an american or british person, so pardon me if some of my words have grammar issues.
To start I have to say that I played and really enjoyed Bonetown. It felt like some adult GTA. Even though my friends laughed about it,they were curious about it and so was I. I acutally played 50 or more hours in Bonetown and even called my Dungeon Defenders huntress "Pochacuntes" to honour a game that I really like and enjoyed. So my anticipation/expectations of Bonecraft were quiet high. I had my doubts about the setting and looked into the trailers. So i laughed sometimes and liked the adult scenes. But the gameplay trailers made me sceptic. So i bought the game for 30 Euro and here is what I experienced.

Start: Nice intro, looked funny and I enjoyed the Roboho bot. the voices are ok and I liked the comments. The tutorial was easy and clear and well done. After beating myself through some marines I crashed on the orc/elf planet. Well, after watching the new menue with new weapons,marines and sex positions (that I liked) i started playing.
KILL 30 ORCS!
I did that and then.....i had to repeat it....wtf......???i thought I did something wrong or I failed, but acutally was the second submission of three that I had to make. Ok, its just the starting mission,it will change. So i kept on playing and then my Roboho was invisible. I had to search the forums. If my english would be any worse........i would still look at an invisible roboho. So i found the solution and kept on playing. After bashing through tons of endlessly respawning orcs, i had to check some altars. I did that too and then defended them which was also....in the same area. that complete mission was frustating because of the only kill that, kill that style. The guns are nice,the action too, but thats it. After 1 hour of shooting i felt bored. Next mission was the same ,only with having sex with orc chicks while avoind to get killed by orcs. After that, i had to destroy gay looking elf statues which was the most annyoing misson ever. While trying to damage the statue u get constantly harassed by tons of gay elf looking soldiers that throw their weapons at u and nearly always hits. Adding to that, archers on trees pin point u down on the same time. Pretty much it was : running,shooting,knocked down,again and again and again till u die. So i found the elf queen, killed the other remaining opponents (dick plants/alien dick invaders) in 3 or 4 more missions like that and slept with her. finito.game finished. i just thought: WTF!already over????. I just went from the starting island to the gay elf area.....yes,thats it. the game is over. All u can do is to have sex in the fantasy mode.
All in all lets summon the facts.
Pro:
-Cool setting.
-A lot of potential. Guns, a lot of them cause guns are always good.
- More sex positons. Nice to look at and funny. Good animated Chicks. Bigger breasts.
-Voiceover is well done.
-U can control minions. Fighting is ok,not the best but ok.
Con:
-Extreme small world. No comparable to bonetown at all. u can move through the game area in 3-4 minutes.
-Graphics are bad. The chicks do look nice, but the world is all washed up and it looks like some guys randomly put textures together. Walls, the ground, trees and houses/tents.....eye cancer in its best.....Gun fire looks like spraying mud at ur opponents.
- Did I mention that the game was short? I needed 4 hours, including searching for bug fixes to play through the game. Worth 30 Euro/35dollar?Not at all. 15dollar or 10 Euro if it would be a mod ok.....but not more.
-The missiondesign is probably the worst i've seen so far. Bonetown was fun cause u had to explore. This part completly falls away. Its onesided. Follow this,do that .....over. Its simple mass killing of orc/gay elfs and thats it.
-Sex: Bonetown: Ur stamina/balls were important. That is no longer an important aspect. Ur the pimp from the start and u can "wrangle" any chick u want. The sex itself is much faster till the chick reaches the orgasm (just a question of several seconds) and over. No challenge from this side. Boring in my eyes. By the way: u have no balls!u simply are a sex terminator.
-Story: Is there a story? no there is not. Go kill that and bang the chick,kill that and on and on and on. Special rewards after missions like in bonetown does not excist.
-Visuals: U can not change the look of ur character. U always look the same. No new armors, no new Voices......boring.
-Fights: With guns its ok. later on it gets depressing. U get hit tons of times from archers or thrown weapons. The same knockback like in bonetown exists here too. So you sit more time on ur ass than u are actually fighting. Worst and most annoying part after the length of Bonecraft.
Gameconcept: the idead behind looks like: Hey guys,what do boys like: WoW. What else? Starcraft. Cool lets make a game out of it and put sex in it. Boom,Bonecraft was born.
I don't know what D-Dub took so long to make it. If they are a 5 man team I can understand it,but i guess there are more than 5 developers behind that game. So why does it look and feels like a mod to me?

Final conclusion: i bought it, they have my money. In the end I can say i won't play it anymore, i already deleted it. It was boring and I was more annoyed about the bugs and worse story that made me fight gay overpowered elfs. The chicks look ok, but the grapic is outdated. I missed some variety between the girls, cause most of the girls are all slim and just have different textures. The missions were the worst of the worst. All in all the guns and voices of the main hero could not overweight the negative game feeling i had.
I won't buy another D-Dub software thats for sure. Cause in my eyes, Bonecraft looks like a simple,fast produced,sexed up product for some of the 11 million WoW players out there. Maybe D-Dub wanted to get some of those fans,even if it were just 2-3%. I don't know. The only thing I can say: it's not Bonetown, its a simple sex game without any kind of a sandbox world with guns and no humor.

the end.

byebye from a sad bonetown fan......

Eldunesh
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm desperately hoping they release some more content soon or something cuz if not, I'm right behind you buddy.

grom76
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Grow up both of you. Who got you hyped up to think that this was going to be bonetown 2. Get overyourselves and enjoy the game for what it is a sexed up spoof of WOW.

Korbe78
01-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes, too many compare this to BT instead of just reviewing it as is. Y not compare it to
other... oh yeah there isn't any other! LOL. ppl have no vision of the possible future that
could be for this market if it just had the proper support. try playing this stoned off ur ass
while ur girlfriend gives u head! now we're gaming!

KingKali
01-25-2012, 01:51 AM
@last two posts: exactly thats why d dub made that game.for retards like u. if u wanna have sex,go find some chicks. If they release bonetown and then bonecraft....of course i compare it. The complete game/mod was worse. Compared or not. If u are happy with a herpaderp game that has no quality at all so be it but I am not. Playing a game only for fapping....what a bunch of trolls u two guys are. Like i said: 2-3% of the WoW population....looks like D Dub already found two. A game is supposed to be fun and not frustrating. And bonecraft isn't much fun. Its nice for the first 1-2 hours and then simply boring.Well, like u said: u can only enjoy it stoned.......what a sentence.

@grom: i never expected bonetown 2....but more content than a "orc smashing gay elf bashing and dick plants killing" game.......

darius12
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Defend the game if you want, but I'm getting a little tired of people defending the game by saying it was never meant to be Bonetown 2, and it's just supposed to be a sexy spoof of WoW. That's not how they advertized the game. I fully thought this was supposed to be Bonetown in Space (granted with more fighting). The pre-release videos were 50-75% about the sex, so I therefore thought the game would (like Bonetown) be more about the sex than the fighting.

Regardless of what the game is, it seems pretty expensive when most people are finishing it so quickly - and don't quote "small company, lack of money" since Bonetown was much bigger and longer (even before the added content). At the very least, Bonetown allowed the game to be longer by having free roaming.

KingKali
01-25-2012, 12:16 PM
amen brother!

Korbe78
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
you are ignorant. I know ppl who burn through the big named games (Skyrim,Dead Island,Call of Duty) in a day also. it's called too much red bull,too much free time & no pacimg urselves. it doesn't matter how 'big' a game is. if u have no life & all u do is sit there & burn through it then maybe u shouldn't be playing games at all. I blame this sudden zombieism lately. I watch my roomie burn through Saint's Row 3 in a week & i'm
sure if I ask him about it in a month he won't remember half of it. SO,
if u find that ur burning through shit & not remembering much be careful, you may be a zombie!

P.S. When did they ever promise free roaming? I never read that anywhere.

KingKali
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
buring through SR 3 in a week?BURNING?lalz...........hahahha

HanPL
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
@KingKali
Agree with everything you posted.
Like I wrote in my Beta Reviev and said that many times earlier.
BONECRAFT IS NOT WORTH 35$ and is far far far worst than BoneTown.
And I'm pretty sure that's the last od D-Dub game since no one will buy their next game (well maybe 2 "retards " that defend the game so badly )
But for now 8/10 people are disappointed with BoneCraft.

Also I don't understand wtf they made locations so small, they could just retexture BoneTown Locations (since they did that with 99% of the game ) and put them in game, fill with npc add collectables and that would improve gameplay a lot.
Instead we get 3 locations that size can be compared to first bonetown city.

darius12
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
>>you are ignorant

Name calling now? Why do I even bother trying to post anything here?

I never said they promised free roaming, but when you advertize a game as if it's going to be similar to Bonetown only improved, then it's not ridiculous that some might assume the gameplay will be similar. Yes, they never said it was going to be exactly like Bonetown, but they also never said it was going to be different. So reasonably, going by what they showed, I assumed it would be like Bonetown in gameplay.

Korbe78
01-25-2012, 04:26 PM
when you advertize a game as if it's going to be similar to Bonetown only improved,

'as if' sounds like you assumed too much because BT was from the same company that made BC. Where did they say it was an 'improved' version of BT?

Assuming makes an ass out of you & me!

KingKali
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
well D-Dub simply ruined his gamestyle they created with Bonetown. Ripping off everything that made the game BT so fun and simply adding guns and new sex stuff doesn't makes it better......especially if the game is friggin small.. I would really like to know how long and how many developers actually worked on BC......i mean, if they see BT and watch on BC they probably must have realised: god,this is one hell of a short game (but hey,who cares - some retards will buy it and we had a short production time).

In germany we have a sentence for that: Ist dein Ruf erstmal ruiniert, lebt es sich recht ungeniert - simply means: if ur reputation is broken,u live easier and without much less stress.....if thats it what D Dub wanted, they got it. Looking at BC they definetly had it coming......and I MEAN BIG! If no one would complain about that game I would wonder what the hell is going on. Its like with that Star Trek Online game. Its total rubbish,but most Amercians keep playing it. In EU players that get a piece of shit software they do not keep supporting it because its what it is.....garbage,crap. It simply gets beaten down so the developers behind it does not do shit like that again. I hope that D Dub really thing about it and change what they have done here with BC.

Eldunesh
01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Look, BC is not a TERRIBLE game, please don;t get me wrong. I definitly had some good fun and some good fapping BUT...

After the success of BT and after the 35$ price tag and all the hyping done by D-Dub, BC is a like the D- student that barely passed the class because he did well on his FIRST project.
1. The game is absurdly short compared to BT.
2. They didn't really learn from BT: they added a LOT of meat grind fighting (which I don't think anyone applauded in BT) and toned down the free roaming, the countless secrets and collectables, and diverse areas (which everyone loved them for)...thats just DUMB when developing games in series.

I honestly still think they can save this crash by adding mod tools and PLEASE add some more content D-Dub! It doesnt even have to be missions (please no more meat grinding), just a few more open areas with some new skins and some more collectables and unique models would be great! They just need to steer this BC offshoot just a liitttlle more towards the direction of BT.

I do have to say though, I dig the models.

Starpilot
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Wow. Just because a developer makes a game, that doesn't mean the next game they make will be IDENTICAL. What is wrong with you people? Seriously, all you had to do was check what they provided on the web site to know this was NOT BT 2 in space.

The guys going "It's not worth $35". Hey, it's the premium price for the game on release. Just like Skyrims was $65 on release in these parts. If you rushed in with buying it on release (or pre-order) with your dreams that it was just BT in space AND NOT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT D-DUB PUBLISHED (more fighting, lots of easy sex, W40K and SF spoofs, etc) , that's your own mistake, and you should be beating yourself up instead of blaming and raging at Dub.

Presuming game 2 will be like game 1 cause it is from the same company is idiotic. They always change things up, even in the same franchise, and BC was not promised to be part of the BT franchise--- just a game that had fighting with orcs and sex with elves (and orcs) in it.

BC is a good game. It's priced fairly cheap for a game with as much sex as you want in it. Don't believe me, go hit the adult game sites, and do some window shopping.

Is it a fantastic tactical game, letting you order your squad of horny space marines to do exactly what you want when you want it? No. But it is a basic fighting and basic tactics game--- with humor and all the sex you want. Not much out there that is strong on tactics AND lets you have sex--- and that's including the native japanese sex games. So BC is already on level with that, and if you got to import one of the few tactical hentai games from Japan--- you'll be paying between $70 to $120. So BC is freaking bargain basement CHEAP compared to its only competition, and you don't have to learn to read Japanese!

For a game that lets you have ANIMATED sex with girls, it is still cheap. Go check out the stuff that lets you have sex in a variety of positions that you pick--- go ahead. I'll wait. They are currently all subscription sites (and that's $20 or more a month), or very cheap base models (one is free), but you'll be spending between $30 or more buying "DLC" expansions so you can do something other than a plain jane in a position other than missionary.

So bitch bitch, moan moan. Dub never hyped this game as BT in Space--- that was other people and other places. Sure, you can find a FIGHTING/ADVENTURE game that has more fighting and more adventure for cheaper--- but it won't have sex in it. It is damn hard to find any game with MORE sex in it, or better sex in it, for any price--- and BC gives you SF humor, some adventure, and a lot of fighting to go with it.

Look at what the game is, not at what your dreams and wishes were cause you liked BT (and I bet you were hating on BT for making you run around 15 minutes to just cross between 3 areas, forcing you to do some really ridiculous stunts to get the best pipes--- like the double jumps to move up (what is it doing--- prince of persian?) or the jump and activate superpowered rush just before you start falling out of the sky so you can land on top of a building (and having to restart your climbing assault if you missed it). If the music wasn't so good in some places in that game--- ugh. Worse, if you KNOW THE GAME, you can actually go get yourself a super body FROM THE VERY START of the game making the entire game trivial. Missionwise, BT is a quick play--- it's that adventure and farming for better bodies, better weapons, building up your drug stockpile, and trying to beat drug bosses to gain their superpowers that added so much to our first time play throughs. Go back, and BT doesn't take long to beat, AND it doesn't let you see about many of the reward scenes without replaying the missions. Don't forget, most of the actual missions were very repetitive as well. Most amounted to get item, or beat down all enemies (or both)--- using a superpower to exploit the game architecture to beat the mission. Note, I'm not dumping on BT, it is a great game. But it was "hated" for almost everything people are dumping on BC for--- other than "not being enough like BT" and BC being "too small" area-wise while BT was "too big" area-wise.

BC is a good game--- as long as you didn't want it to ONLY be a seriously improved BT. It isn't over-priced compared to its actual competition. It is in fact cheap to about average depending on the adult game NICHE you are looking at. Could Dub had cooked the game longer and made it 10 out of 10 rated game? Sure. But it is a good, fun game that has you playing a space marine fighting orcs and elves and screwing sex bots, orc girls, and elf girls. I'd have loved it if the game had more areas, but I wasn't unhappy with the game when I had beat it. So I'll stand up and defend it from the haters, cause it is a good game and it was worth the money I spent on it.

HanPL
01-25-2012, 11:33 PM
For a game that lets you have ANIMATED sex with girls, it is still cheap.

You know there are mods to Oblivion that add 1000% more and advanced sexual content and it's for free ? And I'm not joking.
LoversPK plugin add what ever you can think of.

Go check out the stuff that lets you have sex in a variety of positions that you pick--- go ahead. I'll wait.

Hmm let's say BC have like 20~30 animations.

LoversPK have over 500 animations with each of them having 3 stages (slow,faster,cumming ) and each of stagnes looks diffrent so it's 500x3.
Including Blowjobs/Cowgirl/Standing/Anal/Creampies/Missionary etc etc anything you can imagine.

And no BC is not good game.
At least not for 35$
If you want to run all the time and only KILL KILL KILL KILL orcs/elves and do nothing expect that ,you can get that in any flash game for free.

Korbe78
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
you can get that in any flash game for free.
BC is WAY better than any flash games. LOL

You know there are mods to Oblivion that add 1000% more and advanced sexual content and it's for free ? And I'm not joking.
LoversPK plugin add what ever you can think of.

So did you make loverspk, han?

pino
01-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Han, those are mods. It still requires you to buy the original game, Oblivion.

If modders would add more content to Bonecraft it'd also improve things.

Starpilot
01-26-2012, 03:38 AM
HanPL, that's not an honest comparison. Oblivian has NO sex in it. It does have a TON of fan-made mods out for it. Some of those mods let you have "hot coffee" level sex with low polycount females who are expressionless and poorly textured. That is, unless you go hunt down more mods and install those (she will still be expressionless, but she will have moderate amount of polys so her hands and feet won't look like simple wedges--- and with the right mods, her breasts will actually move). Hell, The Sims is an incredible "adult" game under your terms. As is Laura Croft--- as it too has tons of mods, so you can have a cosplaying Laura dressed as an overly exposed Harlequinn have sex with a Tyrannasourus Rex. But again--- the game isn't SOLD like that. Worst, you have to become very familar with mods for those games, as it isn't a simple "drop file x into directory y" to bring sex into the game.

And then there's the fact that those animations aren't close to the level of detail that is in BC.

Once mod tools are released, I suspect we will get a lot of new content--- new areas to explore, new free roaming females to have sex with, new items to collect while free roaming, etc. The missions will probably still be "kill 100 enemies" and "fetch 50 items" and "drop item x at location y", since that's basic to games, but the BC mods will also allow "screw 50 females without getting killed" missions as well for variety.

Most flash games really, really suck. Which is why people PAY MONEY to buy games that do what the flash games offer--- only with a higher quality of fun. I'd rather play a fun free game like Dwarf Fortress--- which allows for some serious fighting and other sorts of wicked fun (like creating traps that drop magma onto your enemies or anyone that just pisses you off).

So, BC gets you fighting and fucking for $35, and that price will probably drop at some point in the future. Versus Oblivion, which doesn't offer nor support sex. You should have picked Dragon Age as your example game. It has some sex in it, as designed by the makers. Not interactive sex, but still it is there. Mods let you change a lot of things about it, including the cut scenes shown (letting you see some hardcore cut scenes instead). Or you should have picked The Sims--- it has sex. Its sex is just very poor and highly sensored. Or hey, the original Witcher! Hell, Nomad Soul had a long sex scene near the beginning of the game. That's games with sex included, out of the box. You'll note *none* of them are interactive.

As I said--- if you want an adventure game, you can find a better adventure games than BC out there, out of the box. But it won't have BC's interactive animated sex. You will be hard pressed to find a game with better sex in the game at its price.

So again, whine and complain. But BC is a good game, and a lot less hassle compared to the hoops you have to jump through to get something similar (learning Japanese and importing games from Japan, buying Oblivion and then applying between 6 to 40 mods to get a smaller range of animated sexual with lower grade graphic models, etc etc etc). You really cannot find anything that will let run around, fight, and fuck at that price and level of user effort--- other than Bonetown itself. But again, they are different games with different game play styles (Bonetown being GTA-styled with more sex and more humor then GTA, Bonecraft being a W40K and SF spoof Fighting and Fucking game).

You are just sore cause BC isn't the game you wanted it to be. It's the game it was advertised by Dub to be. Next game from Dub, I'd advise you wait for the "Let's Play" videos to get published. then you can see what it is and not get made that it isn't being the advisor to the fairy princess and using head to head match 3 battles like you wanted it to be.

Han is REALLY exaggerating about what the Xlovers and the other mods have in them. They aren't close to the level of animations in BC, and they really don't offer what he says. I've checked them out. Anyone can check them out, as plenty of players have posted in-game videos to the Naughty Machina site. The quality of animation and sex isn't up to Bonetown, let alone Bonecraft. Go check it out for yourselves.

It's a nice bit of modding by the fans--- but it really is at the hot coffee level with just a small bit of texture updates. They had to use spell visual effects just to let you know the people copulating are getting excited or climaxing. People glowing and people wrapped in lighting is a far cry from actual changing expressions on faces, and the model work is very primitive for the actual model on model sex action. Again, not up to BC or any other 3D interactive sex game at this time. And that's because OBLIVION is not a sex game. Hence the hot coffee level of body on body sex. The game engine isn't designed for the level of detail needed for interactive sex, and no amount of fan modding is going to be able to address that.

KingKali
01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
@Starpilot: BC is a good tactical game ....HaHAHAHAHA made my day

ATTACK, DEFEND...what a massive amount of orders I can give.....shocking truth just hit me^^.

juddre
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Hmmm. I can certainly understand both viewpoints. One group of people is comparing BoneCraft to BoneTown. Never mind any indications that they would be similar, or lack thereof - the fact remains that the two games are priced about the same, and come from the same producer, so you would expect to get the same amount of value. BoneCraft undeniably has less content than BoneTown - though one could argue that the amount of sex content is roughly similar (more general sex positions in BoneCraft vs. unique reward sex positions in BoneTown, most other sex content from BoneTown is available in BoneCraft - though I miss the pygmies...).

The other group of people considers BoneCraft on its own merits, and from that viewpoint there is no problem - BoneCraft is still quite good value for money, when compared to what sex games typically cost and offer.

In other words, the biggest problem of BoneCraft is that BoneTown had relatively high production values (for a sex game), and it was a great deal for the price. Now people expect to get a similarly great deal with BoneCraft, and are annoyed when it turns out the deal is only average. I suspect that D-Dub found out that high-production-value sex games aren't profitable; it's a damn shame if that's the case. I hope that they are able to sell incremental updates to the franchise and gradually improve the game experience that way. I think BoneTown would work better for that though.

Personally, I feel that the biggest problem of BoneCraft is the lack of free-roaming chicks, and a setting which doesn't really relate to normal life (and common fantasies) in any way, hot elf chicks notwithstanding. There was enough variety in chick appearance in BoneTown to make the chicks all seem different, and it was great fun just roaming the town and banging any chick that struck your fancy. Not an uncommon fantasy I think. The obvious improvement would have been to add special locations (hospital, police department, prison cells, fire department, army barracks, castle dungeon, etc.) for various uniform, location, etc. fetishes. Instead they chose to focus on improving the fighting aspect. Admittedly it was the weakest part of BoneTown (with the possible exception of platform jumping), but in dropping the roaming chicks D-Dub threw out the baby with the bathwater. I hope they return to Earth next time, keep the improved fighting, keep the lack of platform jumping (I really hated that...), and concentrate on adding depth to the sex gameplay.

The other big problem in BoneCraft is that the "do everything three times" logic makes it so obvious that the game has been artificially made longer simply by adding grind. Many games do that, including BoneTown, but usually they at least try to sugar-coat it a bit by calling the things you collect something different each time or some other similar trick. Saying from the start "do the same thing three times" really makes the game feel cheap.

--Juddre

pino
01-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Personally, I feel that the biggest problem of BoneCraft is the lack of free-roaming chicks, and a setting which doesn't really relate to normal life (and common fantasies) in any way, hot elf chicks notwithstanding. There was enough variety in chick appearance in BoneTown to make the chicks all seem different, and it was great fun just roaming the town and banging any chick that struck your fancy. Not an uncommon fantasy I think. Well put. I do like BC, but this is what I find lacking, compared to BT.

Starpilot
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
@Starpilot: BC is a good tactical game ....HaHAHAHAHA made my day

ATTACK, DEFEND...what a massive amount of orders I can give.....shocking truth just hit me^^.

:cool: Glad you like it. In regards to the squadies, it is very primitive, which is too bad, as it really would add to the fun of the game if you could give them some extra commands (like, "defend this spot" rather than just "defend me" and "take that objective" rather than "just run around and smash/shoot stuff"). But from the point of you fighting, it offers a fair bit of tactical possibilities, and you can't beat the game with just 1 tactic, although you can beat it with a mix of a few. But then, that's a problem with the far more intricate grogger games so I wouldn't expect BC to even approach that problem.

Juddre, you have surmised what I've felt for a while. BC on its own merits is a decent game, but if you expected BT 2--- shrug. The mission with the most VARIETY is beating down the gate keepers. As in that one, you just beat down elves, part 2: beat down the big elf and get his magic key, and part 3: beat down the big elf and protect Luds as he runs the magic key around.

I suspect the reason for the 3 parts in each mission was to give you "save points" in the middle of the more challenging missiosn. Consider: the first time you are doing the collect the triangles (mission 6), when you get to the third part and one-shotted (or just killed in the first minute), you don't have to start all over again. You can just restart at the final bit of the mission, with a fully healthy squad. But that design did make doing the missions not as fun as they could be. It also seems like it was stretched to add more play time to the weakest missions (ie, mission 3).

While I found the lack of free roaming females irritating initially, I realized they were completely unnecessary in BC's design. You always had sex bot willing and waiting on you at any mission console. Furthermore, you didn't even need sex. In BT, sex is a critical aspect of the game, as it is the way you heal your health and restore your bonus fighting strength (your balls). But in BC, you can do the same thing BY JUST HITTING SOMETHING. Indeed, I used that technique in many missions. Hit opponents, activate heal, repeat. The only reason there are randomly spawning enemies in "free roaming" mode is to let you farm them for money and ammo until you can finally run the missions (which pay off for beign completed). The downside of this change to game play is a shorter game experience. After all, in BT, when you get beat down, you end up roaming around the area, looking for a girl willing to engage with you at your current balls level (or slightly above, if you have enough beer and whiskey). But in BC, you just tell sexbot to bend over, and then you go fill up your fighting and health meters.

These differences add up to very different games, and very different play experiences.

Eldunesh
01-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Look, it just seems ridiculous for D-Dub to not include some of the most loved parts or ideas behind Bonetown into Bonecraft. I'm not saying they can't have a new setting, or the new mission system, or the sex store, or w/e. But when a NEW small company, makes ONE hit product that so many people love...its dumb for them to not at least build on some of the ideas and inventions that made their first and only other game thus far great. it's like a new metal band releasing an album that goes platinum and then deciding to go alternative rock for their second album....WHY?!

That and I still think BC is super small.

KingKali
01-26-2012, 04:20 PM
BT is for roaming/exploring with special rewards, BC is WoW kiddos and fapping (if any one would do that.......). 30 Euro kicked out of the window.For 25 Euro I get a BJ and I mean a real one.....

BTW: any one realised that the Fantasy room is the same like in BT???so no similarities here hahahaha. Good BC has nothing to do with BT^^....only has comparable designs.....how lasy can a developer be.#

Just red the credits: around 10 people worked at that game?than i know why it just has the seize of a mod......

Starpilot
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I noticed the similar layout for the fantasy room. But it is quite different in several areas. For instance, you won't die if you fall in the water. The water includes ways to get back up to the ground level. Also, the grotto was added. The upstairs itself is laid out different with the little hutches and some changes, but the overall architecture is very similar.

Korbe78
01-26-2012, 05:23 PM
The fantasy room is too fucking dark! I gotta CRANK my brightness & contrast just to find the doors. Errg.

KingKali
01-27-2012, 03:15 AM
speakign about bugs: I still died like a retard in water......there is not much water in the game,but i went of the beach and clipped several times into the water and simply drowned because I coulnd't move......

What about the missions:

its roughly 10 missions split up in 3 = so 30 mini missions. Why is there no possibility to fly to some other planets or space stations to get laid or have some wrangle action? More skins, design for my Hero. More guns and troop commands like: stay here and defend. That would make some missions like defend the altars so much easier....there is tons of potential. Hope DDub will add it by adding content or allow mods.

Korbe78
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
They just said the mod kit is on the way!

http://forum.d-dub.com/showthread.php?723-Yo-D-Dub-when-is-the-modding-available-and-what-can-we-except

KingKali
01-27-2012, 01:23 PM
good news....then we can make a game that we want and not what they modded in 2-3 hours......

Eldunesh
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
+1 bump to that comment

KingKali
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
so just beat the game hardmode......and looking at the last mission then i can say. what a shit mission is that!!! tons of dick monster shooting at u and throwing u down. Repeating to kill the same shit dick plant over and over and over ......sickening and boring. If u call that balanced if your team, that are only commanders, gets ripped in seconds ....well then i don't know whats unfair.

fnished it,and never play again.

Veggy
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi all, first time poster here

The game had it's good and bad points, I have to admit I'm one of the people that played BT and expected big things from BC also and was slightly disappointed with the end product after completing it and getting all the alien artifacts

Pros

- the ladies are hotter (robot/elves/some orcs)
- more sex positions than before
- the whole aspect of buying new squad members, upgrading, etc.
- enjoyed the universe (wow/starcraft)

Cons

- far too short for the price tag
- game universe is tiny compared to BT
- missions became very repetitive since you had to keep doing the same mission 3 times in a row
- not much to do during free roaming, what was nice about BT was you could take a break from missions, explore, do some mini games, etc.
- even though I put more sex positions as a pro, it would have been nice if there we're more different types, like titfuck/footjob for example, hell titfuck would have been awesome
- camera angle during sex scenes is still pretty bad

Hopefully D-Dub have some DLC in the works, and maybe the mod kit will improve things a lot so I will remain hopeful until then :cool:

Starpilot
01-28-2012, 08:34 AM
The first time I beat the last mission on Hard, I was rolling a team of 1 each of the top 3 squadies, all fully upgraded. They did alright looking after themselves and kicking ass until the very big biggest monsters started spawning. I found quickly they did best with me in a supporting mortar roll, so I simply rolled over the last mission--- on hard, until we got to the original orc forest. No good raised mortar positions there. Even then, I found they did fine as long as I kept swapping them between "defend me" and "attack". That kept them from getting to far off on their own and then getting overwhelmed.

It is obvious why you get the two helper elf girls for that mission though--- they are immortal, so they are there to cover you whenever your whole squad is down on hard mode. They wouldn't be necessary though if the squaddies didn't take so long to ressurrect. They are just eye candy at easy and medium level, and contribute highly to lag on the final mission.

KingKali
01-28-2012, 02:02 PM
well....those elf chicks for the final boss fights are useless.their dmg output is so low that they are ignored. If I run back for cover they simply deal no dmg and are of no help while dick plants grind me down......i don't know,maybe im overreacting while getting chased by 20 dick plants spitting at me with what ever the hell they have in their mouth dicks^^.

agree with review from above.

Starpilot
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
You aren't using your rifle, are you? The rifle is the master weapon in this game. It's a mega-beer blast with uber range from BT. And it has been improved so it fires through basically anything. I owned the field on my first hard play through on hard. Use the girls as target finders for you, and shields if you feel like it. Use your rifle to push back and kill anything coming towards you when on the ground. Quick swap to cannon to rain down hell on egg clusters. If you get into too much trouble at once (mass rush from all sides cause you were using the cannon and it has the bad effect of SCATTERING enemies), then just rifle a hole in their lines, jet fuel run a LONG ASS WAY, get high if possible, and clear things out. If you have to jet run all the way back to the start, do it. Heal up, let your dead squadies resurrect, set everyone to defend you (so no one gets lost), and readvance.

Honestly, as soon as I stopped using grenades, which have the bad habit of killing your squaddies and severely hurting you, regardless of if it goes off halfway across the map or because one of the girls just ran right in front of you as you start to toss it (point blank detonation), I seriously owned Hard on that map. If you like grenades, then just use the cannon. You can use it to shoot anything directly in front of you, harming all enemy nearby and scattering all enemy away from you. Quick swap to rifle, sweep out the area.

The girls aren't useless. After your rifle, they are your number 2 weapon on that map. If you kill your squaddies yourself with a grenade blast --- or they kill themselves by running off too far from everyone else--- you can clear the entire map ON HARD with just them. You can keep sweeping the area around you of the spawned monsters, using cannon and rifle, and they will murder the eggs (spawn points) for you. They are great enemy detectors, good shields, and even make good decoys--- you take them close to the spawn points using the "defend" order, order the girl to attack, and retreat. The girl will stay RIGHT THERE, and the monsters will run up to kill her. She's immortal, so she never dies. After you back off, you can cannon the monsters, then carpet bomb the area. Order the girl(s) to defend you, and rifle the hell out of the area to get all the monsters headed your way. REMEMBER--- rifle is magic, and fires through trees, hills, monsters--- nothing but the game map edges stop the rifle, and it has a large cone of attack.

Every once in a while you won't rotate your fire fast enough between the two main attack paths the monsters are using, and you'll get tagged by one group. If its the biggest guys, RUN and fuel boost. Get some distance, and smash them with the rifle. Or scatter them if you like with the cannon. Then get back to work.

Honestly, with just using a couple of common tactics, it is easy to own any map in on any level in BC. The hard levels just require that you have at least 2 upgrades on your squaddies (but max is best). Tactically speaking, since each squad type (ie, sergeant, major, commander) have different weapons, you should be using a mixture of squad member types. That lets your squad function best, as they will have a several ranges of attacks (ie, rifle, shotgun, flamer, cannon) when together, so they won't be useless on half the maps. Don't let them scatter, which is what they will do when on attack. That's why you have to rotate their orders occasionally from attack to defend--- to pull them back in together. Then swap over to attack, and concentrate on whatever you want.

As I said, BC does offer several tactical possibilities. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable when use them. And don't forget to retreat and heal. On the final mission, you can retreat to a less active zone (one you've cleared out), have the girls retreat with you, and then sex up your health and butt zapper. YOU can't be hurt while screwing, but your SQUAD can, so choose a less active zone to stuff your meters to max.

Didn't you sex up sex bot during missions when you got really low on health? That's what she was there for. Final mission gives you two pretty, immortal, attacking sex bots to back you up. They can be shields, decoys, enemy detectors, unlimited health refreshes, and field mortars (bombing the spawner eggs). And you have the bonus that with the helper elves, you don't knock them down when you fire through them at a target. Sex bot gets knocked down if you do that to her, but the elves are allies, just like your squaddies, so you can only hurt them with your grenades.

Now, don't get me started on how stupid the game is having you in space armor with a closing bubble helmet but requiring you to BREATH the air, not having slopes from the map level area to the bottom of the water so if you fall down into the water you can't get back up because theres no connecting slope to run up for at least half the water on the map (and it gives you that crazy camera angle change that BT does when you fall in the water), the fact that your cannon can go off point blank blowing all the enemies across the map and not hurting your allies (including naked helper elves in the final mission) but a little grenade going off half way across the map from everyone can kill your allies and knock out 80% of your health, etc etc etc. I have a lot of issues (mostly irritant level) with BC. But overall, it is a decent fighting game with great (animated) sex. Adventure wise (exploring), it is a bit weak, but once the modders start modding new maps, new missions, and new girls, well--- it should just get better and better.

KingKali
01-29-2012, 07:43 AM
well i finished the game but thx for the advices.may gona look into it later on.

i hope BT2 wil lcome and will be same size with more content and new graphics and stuff. I miss my butt attacks and farts.

Huzzah
01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
We compare it to bonetown because they RECYCLED everything from bonetown... People are telling us "hey stop bitching noone told you this would be bonetown 2" when the bitchnig is justified because it looksl ike they put a hell of a lot less work into this game, same game engine and everything

KingKali
01-31-2012, 04:05 AM
lets say BC is like the very little brother of BT like still in the belly of a woman,not even really born while BT is an adult with a mercedes and some chicks to bone xDDDD.

Starpilot
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Huzzah, the problem with your statement is that it isn't CLOSE to a copy of BT. Go screw an elf, then go screw any of the BT girls. The BT girls are ugly as hell. The engine got some serious upgrades. Go compare screwing in BT in a position to BC in the same position. BC blows it away.

The problem is that BT is more of an Adventure/Platform jumper/RPG game, so you get a sense of reward from working up your ball size, allowing you to be a bigger bad ass in fights as well as giving you the reward of being able to have sex with more women (and generally, sexier). BC, due to the game and sources it was spoofing, started you off as a hard core bad ass immediately, and there was little in-game sex growth (mostly consisting of unlocking the elves in-game). The difference is what is causing you to rage--- BT is an Adventure/Platform jumper/Minor RPG, while BC is a Shooter/Fighter/Minor RPG--- and that makes a huge difference in the game play and rewards you get as a player playing it.

From a plot (missions) view, both have about the same amount of play time in them. You just spent a lot longer in BT exploring, farming, and general grinding than in BC. So the full play time ends up being much shorter for BC.