PDA

View Full Version : Fire Grenade & Red Aura

Korbe78
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
1st off when I purchase fire grenade I'm not sure how to switch to it.
Clicking on it doesn't switch it.

2nd: When I hit X while gun is equipped a red aura surrounds me,
what does this do?

pino
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
The fire grenade works like the normal grenades, it's just a nastier version. You can throw it by shift right clicking with the mouse on the lower weapon. Question 2 I don't know.

Korbe78
01-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Any way to switch to fire grenade using a controller?

Wolfhound
01-18-2012, 08:42 AM
I think the red aura is a shield, but I'm not 100% sure... it doesn't last long enough to be particularly useful.

Starpilot
01-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Korbe, switch to it by switching to your secondary (flame thrower/cannon) and then hit shit (or whatever acts like that for your controller).

You can check your controller set up in the options.

Wolfhound, the red shield lets you charge over your opponents. While you have it up, you can run them over and they go flying. It won't do much for you if you are ATTACKED though.

Korbe78
01-18-2012, 10:47 AM
That red aura needs to last longer & you should be invincible while on.(& no knockdowns)

Starpilot
01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
It does cuts down on damage taken, so it is useful under some conditions. But it should be useable with speed run, so you could run through the battlefield just knocking everyone over--- like the orc chargers.

Wolfhound
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Wolfhound, the red shield lets you charge over your opponents. While you have it up, you can run them over and they go flying. It won't do much for you if you are ATTACKED though.

Yeah, I went in-game and checked after posting... not a shield, more a basher-effect. :cool:

Starpilot
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
I thought I took less damage with it up, but it is hard to get exact numbers on these things while I'm fighting. Definitely there to knock over other people. Not that useful since all they have to do is attack you and you'll be knocked over instead of sending them flying. That's why it should be possible to use it with the speed dash power of jet fuel.

Wolfhound
01-18-2012, 06:28 PM
That's why it should be possible to use it with the speed dash power of jet fuel.
Yeah, that'd be handy, and I was disappointed when I figured out it was one or the other, that they don't stack.

qonsew
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Red Aura is very powerful when you have your opponent cornered. Red Aura is especially useful in the final Elven levels where archers continually spawn in perches. Just jet pack upto them, run over them 3 times with the Red Aura, then perch against everybody below.

If archers respawn, just pop red aura and get rid of them quickly.

Starpilot
01-21-2012, 05:02 AM
I use the rifle. At the start of the elf archer levels, I jet pack up to them (zig zagging in case they are targetting me), and smash them in melee. When they respawn, I just use the rifle. The central tree trunk isn't "real", so you can shoot right through it. That means you don't lose your position, allowing you to do whatever you want from the archer's perches.

I don't like the red aura because you are vulnerable to any attack while using it. The elves on the ground can attack you in the archers perchers if they stand in the right places. With the rifle, I blast those elves below away while blasting the elf archers respawning.