PDA

View Full Version : OMG those fucking elves.

lutelian
01-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Been playing all night, and even though it's only on medium I had a HELL of a time with those fucking elves. YOU know the ones I'm talking about. Anyone else find themselves after fighting the dark elves trying to destroy the altars thinking "gee, it can't get any harder than this" realize that really wasn't that bad after they end up fighting the fucking regular elves and Wink (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!) OVER, and OVER, and OVER again???? Or am I just too tired and playing worse as the game progresses? I actually got one shotted one of the times I restarted that mission (mission 6 I think). Started up, and then a minute into it, no damage, 4 or five elves finish a combo on me simultaneously and i instantly died. My reaction was a VERY loud "Are you fucking kidding me??!?!?!?!" Anyways, despite what some of the other people have said/commented during beta, their fears, etc, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game so far, and I hope D-Dub puts out an xpac or starts working on some more shit.

All I have to say is those fucking elves. jesus fucking christ.

Korbe78
01-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Do you have 3 commanders in your squad?

lutelian
01-12-2012, 05:30 AM
no, no i most definitely did not.....i didnt spend 10 hours just farming money all night to buy them. hell i've only had the game just now installed for about 10 hours, and this was a few hours ago. would have made it easier, but i didnt feel like farming gold for hours on end mindlessly to buy them.

HanPL
01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
I know what you mean, I finished it on HARD it it was PAIN in the pass to complete.
All I can recommed is to fullu upgrade ammo/shotgun it really helps
Forget about upgrading rifle/canon since those weapons are useless.

lutelian
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I finally beat it, and I sped through it the time I beat it taking virtually no damage. Going to go back now and beat the game on hard. Plan on basically farm farm farming and getting everything maxed as early as possible. I actually used the canon alot though. The shotgun didn't work well for my playstyle except a few situations. I guess everyone's different :) End game the shotgun worked better for me, next to last mission.

Although, the game got REALLY laggy......like, REALLY laggy. 1 to 2 fps top....And my computer is only a month old, gaming computer too. Don't know if it's just me, or if near the end it just has that much going on with effects. I turned everything down, too.

Korbe78
01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I like the rifle. I'd like to have the rifle & shotgun or flame & cannon. Even if they still use
the same ammo.

HanPL
01-12-2012, 01:02 PM
@lutelian
If you mean the last chapter with Ball monsters then your not the only one.
I had like 5~10 fps max while fighting with last boss when normaly I have 160~200fps.

lutelian
01-12-2012, 01:09 PM
yeah, my comp is a month old, spent 1200$ on it, 8 gigs of ram, geforce chip has 2gig dedicated, etc, but seriously it sat at 1, sometimes 2 fps consistantly. so I tested it and installed it on my wifes computer, which is a year old but also a gaming computer. it flies, all the way through. was still getting close to 60 fps. it HAS to have something to do with specific chip sets and their compatability. I've been messing around with software configs on mine now, trying to see what speeds up the game and slows it down, to see if I can figure out why it starts progressively slowing down as the missions progresses. I have noted on corollary; the anytime there are ball pods on the screen it slows exponentially. The number of NPCs slow it, but not nearly as bad as those ball pods. I'm thinking there might be something graphics-wise that is specific to that model and that model alone. Anyways, there I go rambling. If I figure anything out to speed it up I'll post it on the forum, or if anyone else does thatd be cool too.

Plemen
01-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Ok im sorry i had to comment on this. There's a fine line between challenging and just stupid, those elves are plain stupid, CONSTANT arrow spam, that stun dust, the multi arrow they throw, the never ending spawns, ontop of the already stupidly long recovery time when you get knocked down you effectively get chain stunned to death.... Really REALLY not fun, incredibly frustrating...

HanPL
01-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Yep I mentioned that already in beta but it's still not fixed, you can stand on the other side of the map and arrows will still hit you.
Also elves overuse knockdown and dust ability which is very annoying, when I had to bone 10 elven chick my whole squad was dead after boning 4/10.
Had to run and kill those fucking elves untill squad members started to respawn.

lutelian
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
honestly, after going back and redoing this on Hard with 3 commandos and upraded gear it wasnt bad at all, but I would have had to spend hours and hours and hours farming to get that stuff going through the first time. It was just a BIT much with the gear I had the first time. but I DID develop a decent strategy. I would let my wranglers loose away from the altars, then run to it about 20 ft away, well say stand at 12 oclock. shoot twice, then rotate to 3 oclock. shoot twice, rotate to 6 oclock, shoot twice, rotate to 9 oclock, shoot twice, rotate to noon again. about this time an elf would spawn. kill him while constatnly moving. then do the clock rotation on the altar again. doing this the arrows would launch at my previous location and miss me, and I rarely got hit. I dropped the altars about the time my wranglers died, id run to the next area away from the altar, kill elves while running around constantly until they respawned, rinse repeat. This was how i finally beat it. Its a good strategy for when you are undergeared, takes a while, but you dodge those damn rainbow arrows, and keep the majority of the elves off your back because most spawn by your wranglers, which are away from the altar. Of course, if I was to start 100% fresh again, Id just farm a previous mission for hours on end buy 3 commandos LOL

animedingo
01-13-2012, 07:47 PM
ya know what might help? godlike(gamechar);

just sayin

lutelian
01-14-2012, 12:35 PM
what fun is that?

Droxie
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I love the rifle's range and the pushback. I just upgraded my shotgun to level 3, but I haven't tried it out, yet.

Starpilot
01-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I played the game the first time on medium. I only had trouble on medium with 2 maps--- and only with round 3 on both of them. First map that gave me trouble was mission 3, Manifest Destiny. It is just the sort of map that needs to be done very quickly.

I blew away the elves on the first couple rounds, but round 3, they murdered me and kept doing it. I often got one shot killed. But I figured out what most of that was--- the elves are spawning and trying to attack during the opening animation. Skip it and go fight. Also gear up.

When I did it on hard, I wasted them very quickly. But that was because I was geared up and understood why that map was so hard to beat the first time around--- it's tight, lots of enemies spawn, and you have attackers that can get through your block. I murdered the map by using the cannon and getting above everyone. That let me defend my troopers while they ran around and got me everything. Piece of cake.

That doesn't work on manifest destiny (no where to get up above the enemy to rain death over the combat theatre). Just running very fast does on that map does though. Go figure.

boneluwer
02-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Been playing all night, and even though it's only on medium I had a HELL of a time with those fucking elves. YOU know the ones I'm talking about. Anyone else find themselves after fighting the dark elves trying to destroy the altars thinking "gee, it can't get any harder than this" realize that really wasn't that bad after they end up fighting the fucking regular elves and Wink (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!) OVER, and OVER, and OVER again???? Or am I just too tired and playing worse as the game progresses? I actually got one shotted one of the times I restarted that mission (mission 6 I think). Started up, and then a minute into it, no damage, 4 or five elves finish a combo on me simultaneously and i instantly died. My reaction was a VERY loud "Are you fucking kidding me??!?!?!?!" Anyways, despite what some of the other people have said/commented during beta, their fears, etc, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game so far, and I hope D-Dub puts out an xpac or starts working on some more shit.

All I have to say is those fucking elves. jesus fucking christ.

Yep those elven Goddesses are something !!
My favorite is Chapter 7 and 9 where you get to fuck with them while fighting goes on in the background. It would be great though, if my teammates would not fuck so much and just concentrate on non female villains. :o