PDA

View Full Version : What will BoneCraft be like?

TheMadCow
12-20-2011, 06:28 PM
As an owner of BoneTown, I feel that I can assume that BoneCraft will share a lot of similarities, but when thinking of how to explain the game to others, I'm wondering will some detailed gameplay information be placed on the main site?

For example: description of combat mechanics, mission structure, transversing the world (free-roam), etc.

I know the game is planned to come out relatively soon, but I hope if placing pre-order availability comes around (which I'm looking forward to), it can come with some gameplay details so it might be easier to entice some of my fellow gamer friends who are on the fence (plus for those who pretty much already plan to purchase the game, have a better feel of what to look forward to).

I understand that this time of the year is the worst due to the holidays (and it's not like I'm hating on the holidays...everyone deserves a break to enjoy the time off to do whatever ;) ), but I think short of an actual demo, it would be nice to see a little bit more information about the game to possibly garner more interest from the skeptical fans.

Note that I am not requesting a demo as mentioned above (as I know that, in most cases, demos require more work than people understand than simply stripping out a portion of the game and expecting it to be playable), but I just want see an independent company like D-Dub receive as much support as they can. And I think some gameplay details can only help in that regard.

And I've said it already in another post, but I'll say it again and direct it to everyone here: have a great (and safe) holiday and New Year wherever you are! Can't wait until the 12th of January!

kobalyengartorum
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I couldn't agree more. I just watched the trailer released on the BoneCraft main site and I'm still not entirely sure how much is different with the game. Obviously there are now girl on girl animations as well as some gun combat but it would be very nice to maybe have a list of features somewhere on the site. I'm very interested to see if you actually use your ship for anything. I would be more than happy if it acted like the fantasy room in BoneTown and could be accessed anytime instead of having to leave the game every time you want to visit it.

SpockRocket
12-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm expecting much of it to be similar to bonetown, although the combat at a distance seems like a nice change.

Some of the the most tedious and sometimes frustrating battles in Bonetown involved 18 guys mobbing you at once, when you had close-range weapons that you had to spam hit over and over again. I'm hoping that the gameplay involves more strategy.

I'm also really hoping that I don't lose my weapon every time I get hit. That got very annoying in BT.

Otherwise, I'm expecting it to be fairly similar.

TheMadCow
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
@kobalyengartorum

Yeah, I think we share similar thoughts on a "hub" type of mechanic. Like, for example, the Space Marines (they are probably called something else though) execute their missions from their ship and if you can play as the Orcs their "hub" would be a village or some sort of town.

I was also thinking that like the Fantasy Room from BoneTown, the "hub" would be constantly upgraded with rewards from completing missions. A "trophy" room, holding cells where you can revisist your "conquests", etc. This method would make it feel a little bit more dynamic rather than a separate portion of the game that you have to load up separately from your main playthrough in order to access.

And speaking of the Fantasy Room from BoneTown, I would like to add another inquiry to my original post/question and ask if there will be any hints if BoneCraft will have any secrets (collectibles, areas, etc.)? Maybe even a check for BoneTown saved games which could unlock extra bonuses if the player collected all the collectibles in BoneTown? I don't want to be outright spoiled by any secrets BoneCraft may or may not have (that's the point of secrets, haha), but maybe a teaser?

@SpockRocket

I know where you're coming from in regards to combat in BoneTown. To be honest, I found myself just spamming the lightning attack over and over again towards the end to handle the huge grouping of mobs (basically, for the 1-2 stun it provided to allow for a slight retreat or a free melee whack).

But as you mentioned, it looks like they've taken some steps in order to rectify that a bit by allowing the gamer to adjust difficulty and make use of some ranged attacks. I'd just like to see more of this in detail and I hoping D-Dub can share some light on this when they can (again, I'm not expecting some quick reply for they are probably following a release plan and this is holiday season).

SpockRocket
12-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I was also thinking that like the Fantasy Room from BoneTown, the "hub" would be constantly upgraded with rewards from completing missions. A "trophy" room, holding cells where you can revisist your "conquests", etc. This method would make it feel a little bit more dynamic rather than a separate portion of the game that you have to load up separately from your main playthrough in order to access.

I really like this idea. The separate fantasy room in Bonetown could have been a nice mini-game, in which your achievements unlock models, toys, sex acts, etc. Because it's also a fantasy room, there could be all kinds of whacky fantasies, like the Borg girl easter egg in BT. I'd love to feel like I accomplished my mission, and then go to the fantasy room to relax and earn an additional reward and surprise, like getting to do batgirl or three-breasted alien.

Additionally, if we could create a fantasy girl in the fantasy room and use currency, etc to upgrade, dress her, etc., then that would be a nice mini-game. It would also be cool to unlock custom bedrooms, sets, kind of like you can in a different 3d sex game.

Those would be on my wishlist for an upgraded fantasy room. Probably some are more feasible than others.

kobalyengartorum
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Some of the the most tedious and sometimes frustrating battles in Bonetown involved 18 guys mobbing you at once, when you had close-range weapons that you had to spam hit over and over again. I'm hoping that the gameplay involves more strategy.

I know where you're coming from in regards to combat in BoneTown. To be honest, I found myself just spamming the lightning attack over and over again towards the end to handle the huge grouping of mobs (basically, for the 1-2 stun it provided to allow for a slight retreat or a free melee whack).

I feel the same way about combat in BoneTown. I always ended up spamming the special attacks since melee at times could be overwhelming especially against groups. The gun combat is looking nice though, just having some range will help greatly. I think I remember an interview from some point in time talking about having allies in combat and deciding whether they pillage or attack. No idea if that made it into the final game but I remember that being talked about.

I really like this idea. The separate fantasy room in Bonetown could have been a nice mini-game, in which your achievements unlock models, toys, sex acts, etc. Because it's also a fantasy room, there could be all kinds of whacky fantasies, like the Borg girl easter egg in BT. I'd love to feel like I accomplished my mission, and then go to the fantasy room to relax and earn an additional reward and surprise, like getting to do batgirl or three-breasted alien.

I'd love to see this sort of stuff in the game though obviously now it would be too late to implement anything not already present. I'm mostly just hoping for the ship to have some use as an area and not just a mission hub. It would however be really nice to have that upgrade system. It would be really neat to customize your weapons, armor, even your squad mates.

After watching the aforementioned trailer I'm also wondering about the story. All we really know this time around is we are looking for an elf brothel. I'm sure D-Dub has a good journey planned and I'm hungry for some more info about it. Also having only played scarce amounts of Warcraft and Starcraft I'm not really sure what locations we might visit or missions we might do. All I've seen is the village raiding but a call back to the RTS and RPG roots could be really engaging.

TheMadCow
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
@kobalyengartum

What I previously posted does come off as requests, but I do understand that with the game releasing next month in January, whatever's in the game is pretty much all said and done (minus maybe any added content they may have planned, if any). My post was more about what I was hoping the game will be like based off what I've seen of the game and why I'm hoping more information may be posted here from an official source; so I may know, more or less, what to expect as opposed to BoneTown.

Anyhow, I feel like I'm getting all defensive here explaining myself (not my intention), but in short just want to say I agree with what you said, kobalyengartum. And I just received the email to pre-order BoneCraft last night, so this afternoon I've already placed my order for the DVD version despite not knowing too much about the actual game in detail. I just want to keep supporting companies like D-Dub and even after all I've said I have no doubts that I will enjoy BoneCraft (since I enjoyed BoneTown regardless of maybe some quirks I had with it).